Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Boondocker's Nitrous system

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boondocker's Nitrous system

I was looking for a nitrous system for my Raptor, and I came across the Boondocker's website. From what I have seen, it looks like a very nice system. They say it is safer for the engine, because the nitrous is injected before the carburator and engine, in the airbox. The dyno chart shows a horsepower increase of 55% on a Predator. Does anyone have this system or any experience with this system?? Reply with any information or opinions. Also, are there any other systems out there that are known to be very good??

Old 10-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

Why not take he 800+ Dollars you would spend on Nitrous and Spend it on a Pipe K&N Set-up??? Maybe even a Cam and spring? You have to remember this is only for 5 second power boost why not get other mods and have them for Unlimited power? Just a thought. Well back to the subject the NX system is even better but you are taking a chance with it. www.nitrousexpress.com

Travis

Old 10-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Range Rover

get the NX one at albaaction, much better system!! my 2 cents!

Old 10-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

Possibly because nitrous is transferable from one ride to another, gives more power than a pipe and cam while not hurting reliability as much because its only on sometimes. Really its about the same as a turbo and intercooler except its only on when you hit the button. I dunno if id trust boondockers over any othey system though.

Old 10-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Id agree with Jakal one second you dont get enough fuel and to much nitrous something will give.

Travis

Old 10-27-2003, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

I have the NX system and so far I am loving it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I don't think a cam and pipe will give you quite as much of a power gain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would not go with any dry (just injects N2O, no extra fuel) because you have to jet rich for when you are on the bottle, hurting performance off the bottle. I love having stock rideabilty for most places and then the awesome feeling of an extra 20 horses (or up to 50 if I get brave, but not with an all stock engine) for the drags.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

i heard you can only use a 10hp shot on the boondockers system. is that true?

Trending Topics

Old 10-30-2003, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

I rode w/ a fella that has the dockers system on his pred and the biggest issue I see is expense i.e. refilling the bottle. You've got to remember, that here in Utah there are no short drag hills - at least not where I ride. You run the valley @ Sand Mountain on a Raptor w/ funny gas on all the way and you'll end up cook'n something.

I considered it for the YFZ and decided is wasn't right for how I rode. Short drags sure. Anything longer than Chokecherry no IMO.

Alcohol is another issue. Won't get the same punch, but you can have the punch as long as your tank will allow.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

idk in dirtwheels this month there is a warrior on boondockers NOS system he said it goes form 22 hp to 45 w/ nos

Old 10-31-2003, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

IMO- Dry System= Crazy and lookin to buy a piston![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Boondocker's Nitrous system