Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why???

Ok, but after 2 hours, which is easier to get back on. My Raptor never (almost) gets a head ach.

I know there is no answer to my "Why" question. If I lived in Southern Disneyland or one of the other places that have great dunes and riding areas where I could run against some of the hottest quads on earth, I would probably spend fist fulls of cash on mine too. But I see a lot of kids that read these forums that live on the farm in Okeeville Midwest USA that just traded their 1985 Honda Big Red in for a Raptor and they think they need to pull their motor and send it off to Kryptocraft so it will break the sound burrier going across the pasture. I think when 14 year old Johny says he just bought a RAptor and wants to know how to make it faster, instead of telling him to port and polish we should be telling him to sit on it and ride the thing for 10 hours a day and he will se that the thing gets faster every day without spending a dime.

Hey, It's been one of those days.

Old 10-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

KRYPTOCRAFT??? Is that a new builder??? Do tell!!! Sounds b@dass!!! LOL! The answer is simple, if you got the cash, and making your quad scream, no matter where you live, is what you enjoy doing, then so be it. Different strokes for different folks!

Old 10-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default Why???

think of it this way what better do you have to do i would rather be puttin my money into my quad then putting it into drugs and im 15 i like to say my quad will smoke yours and passing them through roost all over them is the best feeling so you decide. its just like any other sports if you do it alot you want the best just to say you have the best.

Old 10-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

If I didn't dump "outrageous" amounts of cash into my Raptor, I'd just spend it on something else:-) Some people are driven to be the best, others don't care who comes in first. As Clint Eastwood once said, "Every man's got to know his limitations!"

Starky - You got your panties into a wad over that thread about the kid that wanted to make his Raptor faster so he could race MX. We gave him honest advice on what it took to make a Raptor truly competitive. I don't know what kind of racing you do in North Dakota but here on the East Coast MX tracks, stock YFZs would eat your Raptor for lunch. Maybe deep down you know that already and are trying to bash others to make yourself feel better? Oh yeah, it's Craycraft, not Kryptocraft. You certainly won't make any friends dissing Bob, he's a helluva nice guy and has many happy customers.

Old 10-30-2003, 09:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Default Why???

It's just a hobby, like having the hot rod in the garage that is only driven on sunny days, if you don't spend it on one thing, it will be something else, besides, spend it on your quad before your wife spends it on clothes or such.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Why???

Originally posted by: HappaRap
It's just a hobby, like having the hot rod in the garage that is only driven on sunny days, if you don't spend it on one thing, it will be something else, besides, spend it on your quad before your wife spends it on clothes or such.
good call

Old 10-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

The Raptor was not built for MX, but that doesn't mean you can't race it stock and still have fun. Like I said, you aren't going to make many podiums but you're still going to be racing.

You mean to tell me that your only 2 choises for spending money are quads and drugs...well by all means, spend 3/4 of your money on your quad.

Hey, did I insult the Californians and the Midwesterners too. If so, ya all need to lighten up. I'm sure Bob saw the humor in the similarity in Craycraft and Kryptocraft. Bob, you can't have the name, I may want to register it.
By the way, I'm from California and live in the Midwest. Who cares.

Oh, where can I get some of those high speed lug nuts and a drag reducing bar pad.