Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Check this out: Ebay auctions seem shady

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check this out: Ebay auctions seem shady

2441638041 2441595145 2441594724 2441332240 --These are the item numbers, just copy them into the basic search bar for ebay.

Check out the locations of the sellers? and free shipping? Not to mention the prices. Come on now!!

Old 11-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sort=3&rows=50

On has 3 for sale

Old 11-06-2003, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

can we say Scam?

Old 11-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I see these all the time. Some of them come from cycletrader.com ads.

Old 11-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

I just reported the one that I listed above that had 3 for sale. See what happens.

Old 11-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Range Rover

seems he has good feedback and he listed them all from the same place sooo..... it does seem legit to me.

Old 11-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

That is one of the the scammers favorite tricks. They steal the i.d. of an ebay power seller with great feedback, go out and take pictures of random quads and "sell" them for anything they can get. Read this for more "info."[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys for the info.
Actually, 3 Grizz's were there/e-bay/ yesterday, all "buy now" for 4500.
Yeah, 4500 for a new G660...this one is not a smart swindler. It could've been more attractive for 5600. For some people, I guess.
What kind of moron would give this kind of money to the stranger anyway.....BUT, we all do stupid things, so who knows.

J.

Old 11-07-2003, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys check this out: This is from the seller to me when I e-mailed him and asked if he would accept cash at pick up of the atv. What do you think?????????? Still sounds like scam to me

Hy there,
I am very glad that you are interested in my ATV.
The quads are here with me . I am from Holland.
I have a connections that works at the main ATV's factorys and they can suply me from now on with this kind of vehicles at very low prices.
That is why my offert is extraordinary.
At this moment i have in stok:
Item #2441577971,2004 Yamaha YFZ450 .
The price for this is us$3000
It is in best condition , having 0(zero) miles and is BRAND NEW.
It has a 3 years EXTENDED,INTERNATIONAL and TRANSFERABLE warranty and will be honored at any dealer in your country.
It is made for USA. It has US specs on it.
I have all papers from the vehicls and I will ship it along with recipt in your name with the price and the keys.
It has a TITLE that you will receive this too.
I want to sell these ASAP and then buy another 3 - 4 quads and make some
money by selling them online.
Then I intend to rent a building and make myself a deal because i have seen that this kind of machines are selling realy good on eBay and maybe i would find buyers here in Europe too.
I will pay the shipping.
Before I have had listed it on eBay i was dealing with other stuff and i have used FedEx for over 5 years now and being an old customer there I get all sorts of discounts.
I have found out that the have a service for delivering these machines in a crate.
They have the best conditions for the delivery.
So I will pay the shipping and all fees.
It is insured in case of damage and it take 3 days to be delivered at your DOOR.
If you want to know more or if you are interested in a purchase please feel free to email me.
Thanks

Old 11-07-2003, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Got another one guys: check this one out. Same sort of deal, but seems like a little more brains went into this one, actually sounds decent, but I'm not sure.

Hello there,

I know that you have many choices on eBay and I appreciate that you contacted me. I've decided to restrict the bidding for my auction,because of the multiple problems that I have had with non paying bidders.

The machine is like new .Only 50 miles ,clear title and kept in my own garage . It is awesome.Now I'm interested to close the deal with a fair price for both sides($ 2,600-US) with shipping/handling included.

I have to tell you that my location is Italy and the machine is here too. The shipping will be done via J.C. Motors on my charge. The keys and the contract will be sent via FedEx. You'll get them in 2 days and the item will arrive in 4-6 days.

Regarding the payment, before shipping takes place you have to make a deposit for the entire amount. The idea is that I don't require a payment in advance, only a payment proof ,to see that you have the money and you intend to buy it.

To be able to check that the amount has been deposited accordingly, the deposit will be made using wire transfer at western union.

Please note that I will not ship until the deposit is made.

For security reasons you will make a transfer using your name as the sender, a name to your choice as the receiver (your wife name, for example) and Italy for location.

After the deposit is made, I will need the details of the transfer to verify it. If it's ok, I'll start the shipping process providing you the tracking numbers from the shipments, to track them on-line until they will arrive. You will inspect the item when it will arrive. If you will intend to keep it, you will go and change the name of the receiver into my name.This will enable me to pick up the deposit and it will finalize our deal.

If you don't like the machine, no question asked, you will cancel the deposit and I'll ship it back.

Please let me know if you would be willing to continue on this basis before we proceed any further.

Thanks,

Mike

Quick Reply: Check this out: Ebay auctions seem shady