Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

site for all the slow utility (quads)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default site for all the slow utility (quads)

GO FIND ONE

Old 11-16-2003, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

you are gunna make alot of people mad with this post

Old 11-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Range Rover

The old slow utility quads out number you whipper snippers and might just gang up and kick your butt just to get the kinks out of are back after a day of riding in God's country.

Problably do 50 mile an hour with your bike tided behind mine . LOL

Old 11-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

I have the biggest urge to say="You gotta catch em´first"...but Im not going to because it would be wrong...wait a minute...D´OH!!!

Old 11-16-2003, 01:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah as many times as I've had to strap a raptor, to mine...... Or wait about 20 minutes for him to cross over a tree, so whens the last time you crossed a river in that sport of yours?

Do this on your sport

Love my kodiak

Old 11-16-2003, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

I have to laugh at this one because it reminds me of a recent trip to Hatfield McCoy. We were heading back to the trailhead but stopped briefly to play on a jump. This guy who was around 50 goes by us riding by himself on a Prairie 650. We are all on 400exs and this is basically an easy trail back to camp. We start following him searching for a spot to pass. All the sudden, he decides to give us a run for our money. We chased him for about 5-8 miles at very high speeds. I thought he was going to flip going around several of the turns. I couldn't get around him since the few passing areas weren't long enough to get around. Well, after about 10 minutes or so of chasing him, I had to stop to wait for my girlfriend to catch up. That was the most fun I had all day. She was totally pissed at us but I am totally convinced it is only because she got blown away by a 4X4 and she is a pretty good rider - beating most men we ride with. That guy could move.

I used to enjoy beating up on sport riders with my Kodiak 4X4 but it would be the living crap out me to do it.

/Jon

Old 11-16-2003, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NotuRaptor2
I have to laugh at this one because it reminds me of a recent trip to Hatfield McCoy. We were heading back to the trailhead but stopped briefly to play on a jump. This guy who was around 50 goes by us riding by himself on a Prairie 650. We are all on 400exs and this is basically an easy trail back to camp. We start following him searching for a spot to pass. All the sudden, he decides to give us a run for our money. We chased him for about 5-8 miles at very high speeds. I thought he was going to flip going around several of the turns. I couldn't get around him since the few passing areas weren't long enough to get around. Well, after about 10 minutes or so of chasing him, I had to stop to wait for my girlfriend to catch up. That was the most fun I had all day. She was totally pissed at us but I am totally convinced it is only because she got blown away by a 4X4 and she is a pretty good rider - beating most men we ride with. That guy could move.I used to enjoy beating up on sport riders with my Kodiak 4X4 but it would be the living crap out me to do it./Jon
lol, great story!

so, Bluto, what do you ride?

Old 11-16-2003, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what if utility quads are slow...there not made to be raced at all....and can go alot more places then most sport quads.....so yeah blah i dont care if my utility quad is slow.

Old 11-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

i might understand this post if done so 10 years ago, but not anymore.
a 700 cc 4x4 quad is not slow. a 660 4x4 quad is not slow either. i know for a fact i can outrun alot of the smaller 2x4 sport quads. i can also say i can go ANYWHERE you can, can you? where i live, a 4x4 is a better choise in quads, due to snow, mud, and as long of a wwinter as a summer. i am willing to say i WILL, and a repeat, i WILL outrun you on almost all trails where i live at. i dont care what you ride, unless its another 4x4, lol.

Old 11-16-2003, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't need to find one, this one has been here for a while. I guess being a member here (pun intended) for 6 months entitles you to say such things.

Quick Reply: site for all the slow utility (quads)