Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor, 30 plus digital photo's

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2000, 06:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK short and sweet, 30 plus digital photo's all angles plus close ups of the engine, rear end front end, reverse etc. http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~crainic/INDEX.htm

Kiwi-Craig

crainic@ihug.co.nz

Old 06-17-2000, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Excellent pics. Thanks. Wonder if any Banshee experts out there can tell if the raptor uses the same airbox and chain adjustment nightmares.

Old 06-17-2000, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Kiwi-Craig you are the man! Since you are the only one who has seen it close up, what do you think of the dimensions? Does it look like it would be tippy? Will a large rider like myself 6'3" 250 be comfortable on it? Did they give you any horsepower numbers? Thanks for the pics. Any info would be great.

shollz

2001 B&W Raptor on order--The first one is mine!

Old 06-17-2000, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer

WOW. Thanks for the pics Kiwi-Craig!!! That is a nice looking machine. I have a 2000 Kawasaki Mojave but I am tired of waiting for Kawi to come out with a high performace sport quad. The raptor is the way to go!

Thanks again for the pics,

Old 06-17-2000, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Those pictures are a pretty good score. They show a lot more detail that even the Yamaha page. I would like to clear some things up because I believe some people think I am bashing the Raptor. That could not be farther from the truth, I am cautiously optimistic and I urge caution before buying any first year machine.
From those photos it appears first rate and very well thought out. The chain adjustment procedure looks a little more time consuming and I can't tell anything about the airfilter from the photos. Also from a frame design point I think that the Raptor will have some notocible bump steer when ridden hard. That is just a guess on my part based on the obvservation that the tie rods and A-arms are in different angles. Please don't take what I say here as fact or truth. Wait and make your own decision. Thanks for the photos.

Old 06-17-2000, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

well, it looks like i am going to be getting another job to purchase one. Before i was like..hmm nice quad, i'll stick with another blaster or maybe a warrior, or 300ex, maybe even a 500 Scrambler. But damn, i have to get one! I can come up with around 4,500 pretty quick. And another 1,000 if i sell the Colt AR(anyone interested?! LNIB! only 200 fired with all papers box, ect.)

The machine looks great. To me is does seem to be high. But those A-arms look to be pretty long. I think it will handle pretty good, maybe a set of offset wheels will be needed.

I am willing to bet it will be plenty comfortable.

Chain adjustment will probably suck. Looks like the same set up just up top. That is at least an improvement to some degree.

The engine looks to be just awesome. I personally don't like liguid cooling, just more stuff to worry about breaking. But reckon it is needed on such a large engine.

Reverse looks easy enough.

Fit and finish is just awesome!

Well, i gotta get one before next summer..

Old 06-17-2000, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Please delete, i double clicked.

Old 06-18-2000, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

The Yamaha reps say the chain and airbox are completely different then on the Warrior or Banshee. They say it is an easy procedure to adjust the chain. But I don't know the details on it.

Old 06-18-2000, 08:42 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the pictures. Ordered mine in Black and White yesterday. Anyone wanna buy my Scrambler?

Old 06-18-2000, 09:15 AM
Range Rover

cool pics......i can't wait to see one for myself.

Quick Reply: Raptor, 30 plus digital photo's