Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster?

what do u think of that blaster

Old 11-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default blaster?

well a blaster is a blaster, nothing more, nothing less, it has decent power, pretty well built, handles good and the suspension is about as smoothe as a go cart, its a good starter quad.

Old 11-24-2003, 09:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default blaster?

ya starter...... it aint ment for mx i can tell u that....

Old 11-24-2003, 09:28 AM
Range Rover
Default blaster?

ya starter...... it aint ment for mx i can tell u that....

LOL its not ment for mx ??? that is news to me.....

The blaster is a fast and reliable machine with 1001 upgrades and is highly recongized in MX , it can be thrown around corners very easy and can keep up with the best of them.

As for the blaster being a starter quad .....I wouldnt want a novice rider next to me on a machine with 6 SPEEDS that can do over 60 MPH stock !!! the blaster is 1 awesome machine thats why it has lasted on the market for over 16 years not to mention Yamaha sells everyone they make year after year. Thats my 2 cents.

Old 11-24-2003, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default blaster?

Would you rather have a novice on a blaster, or something like a 250R, or banshee?

Old 11-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default blaster?

I see you from tug hill....I run my quad(banshee) in district3...I think you would fall into that district also..

Very seldom do you see a blaster trying to run mx in this district....

Not that I'm totally knocking the blaster....they are nimble and weigh next to nothing...A good rider can toss it around pretty good...But it takes twice the cost of the machine brand new to put the proper suspension/pipes and engine mods into it to make it a good mx'r.

The geometry is extremely stiff in stock form.

Old 11-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Range Rover
Default blaster?

Originally posted by: sAyIt_fmf
I see you from tug hill....I run my quad(banshee) in district3...I think you would fall into that district also..

Very seldom do you see a blaster trying to run mx in this district....

Not that I'm totally knocking the blaster....they are nimble and weigh next to nothing...A good rider can toss it around pretty good...But it takes twice the cost of the machine brand new to put the proper suspension/pipes and engine mods into it to make it a good mx'r.

The geometry is extremely stiff in stock form.

First of all you have to spend money on any bike you race , that is a givin , we are talking about blasters not being able to race MX which we know for a fact they can ,cause i have done it my self , in my opinion my blaster stay right up with raptors and banshees on the trails with no problem , that is as long as you know how to ride one. Most blaster MX races I have seen come down to racing againts each other ...Blaster to Balster and I was only refering to the quote that said blasters are not to be raced MX that is all.

As to if I would want a novice rider on a blaster instead of a 250r well at the moment we were discussing blaster and not any other bike. I am not here to bash others but I own 3 bikes and have been riding for over 15 years and find my blaster easy and fun to ride weather it be trail or mx.
JUst my 2 cents and I will not give 3.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster?

1- My blasters HAVE NOT BEEN RELIABLE. I worrie abotu riding 5 miles away from my house with them.
2- The suspention is the weakest part on the biek imo
3- They are really small for the avage person, thats why my knees rub the plastic sometimes. lol
4- On most blasters the first time you hit something the frame bends in the front right behind the stearing box thing (name??) I kno mine did.....

But other than that they are pritty cool to go and beat around on, and is a GREAT beginners biek if they want a clutch. By the way if you get a blaster disconnect the oil injector and mix the gas.

Old 11-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster?

yeah my blaster hasent been the most reliable thing but def the best starter quad i think if you want a clutch and fun to add mods and beat on it and stuff

Old 11-26-2003, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default blaster?

you did not answer my question....have you ever been to a district3 race?

like I said...the blaster is fun and light... but with the advent of the new 4 strokes...the blaster and mx is becooming a thing of the past.

nobody said you could not keep up on your blaster...quite nimble. but very cramped if your taller than about 5ft. lol

Quick Reply: blaster?