Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever

I'm sure happy Ca. winters are not that severe! I'm going to get my '68 Jeep Wagoneer ready for the Tierra Del Sol rock crawling run. Working on my '56 Chevy, too.

Old 11-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm going to send the head to get ported and polished on the Raptor.

Then I'm going to swap the stock piston and cam out and replace them with the Alba Piston and Cam. And if the $$ allow, I will probaly throw in some Titanium Valve Springs. And hopefully that will keep me until next winter when I can figure out something else to do.

Old 11-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Ride....ride...ride....living in Cali is awesome. No down time for winter, and weather is always tolerable for riding...packing up for a ride after I leave here.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

You Cali guys are always bragging about your great weather. Ya'll won't be so happy when the big earthquake comes and ya'll slide in to the pacific![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just kidding guys ya know we all are jealous.
I got a few things to do to Big Red, my Z71, and I am waiting to put the cam and piston in the Wolvy.
Plus I'm still trying to get my golden retreiver, Shasta, to ride the Wolvy with me. We'll hang out in the garage, collect beer cans for the old man that lives a little ways down from me. Keep a fire built so the heat bill will be lower and Shasta will have something to lay in front of[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and just enjoy the winter as much as possible.

Old 11-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shastadog
You Cali guys are always bragging about your great weather. Ya'll won't be so happy when the big earthquake comes and ya'll slide in to the pacific![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .
LOL....well we planned it just right. We live about 10 miles north of the San Andreas Fault, so if the big one hits, we will be sitting on ocean-front property..LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And if it happens soon, we're gonna talk to Gov. Arnold about keeping the "new" shoreline open for quad riding on the beach. Bottom line....we will be sitting in the cat-bird seat..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

i'll ne hopping up the z while im not riding it, yoshmire pipes, razor 2's, extended a-arms + axel. and a few more things, should be fun. and ill be looking for rims for my expedition.

----------------
2003 z400- dg nerfs, renthal bars, more soon

Old 11-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

trying to rap up my project. now with my broken hand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img], looks like it is going to take even longer!

Old 11-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

this winter i'll prolly work in the garage and be cold, then go riding and get even colder

Old 11-29-2003, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Im finishin my 69 SS Camaro, So it will be ready to drive to school in the sping, Red with 2 black stripes, and a small block 350 biult with about 450 HP, bolted to a turbo 350 trans with a 2400 stall converter,shift kit, and maybe a trans brake, a 12 bolt rear with a 4.53 gears fully locked, lakewood traction bars, and a new set of Weld Draglite XP's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] should be stompin them imports around town, not to bad for a 17 year old in high school[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Ryan-

Old 11-29-2003, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

HTTC Ported and Polished heads and pistons for my 2002 Harley Davidson FLHT... Were talking 110 hp and 115 ft/lbs of torque!! Chroming the wheels as well.... Can't wait to ride the quad in the snow though!!!

Quick Reply: Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever