Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Alcohol and driving definetly don't mix!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2000, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last nite cocked and in a blackout,I decided to take my 00 Grizz for a spin,THAT WAS STUPID. Riding along the side of one of the main roads,I hit something lost total control and rolled her down a 30 foot embankmant. I woke up with the grizz on top of me. I don't remember how I got it off or even how I got it home. The only thing I do know is that I am lucky to be alive. But know I have a broken leg road rash allover.Im 32 you would think I would know better gess not. Just thought that I would share my experiance.

Old 06-21-2000, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

damn.. sorry to hear that. Somthing like that happened to a fellow around here But he ended up in a 6" puddle of water and didn't wake up.

Old 06-21-2000, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Friends don't let friends ride drunk.

Old 06-22-2000, 06:20 AM
Range Rover

OOPS, someone should have warned you.... NEVER admit when you made a mistake, on this board. It's full of perfect people that never make mistakes, and who look for the first chance to jump all over someone who admits that he did. Trust me. I had an experience a lot like yours about a month ago, on my Wolverine, and decided to share it with my so called "friends" on this board. Don't get me wrong... some people were very helpfull and understanding, but a lot chose to play high and mighty and condemn me for making a mistake. I'm glad you're not hurt. It is a scary way to learn a lesson.... isn't it?

Old 06-22-2000, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

Ouch! That makes me remember my own stupid drunk driving accident. I learned my lesson too. I will never ever drink and drive again! I laid down my motorcycle without a helmet on and slid under a parked car. The road rash was so bad you could see bone up and down my arm and on my head. I got back on the bike and rode it home. Everyone told me I was an idiot and I sure felt like one.

Old 06-22-2000, 05:30 PM
Range Rover

I have a friend who bought a 00 Banshee and not 2 days after he got it he was at a party. One of his buddies jumped on it and took off. On his way back a cop pulled out in front of him and stopped. He locked up the Banshee brakes and slide for 59 feet before hitting th cop and knocking the rear axle out of the car. Ouch. That had to hurt. not to mention total the Banshee, I would be pissed.

Old 06-22-2000, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the replys its good to know that Im not alone out there it could have been you or someone you know that I hit instead of that ditch. THANKS AGAIN AND RIDE SAFE AND SOBER!

Old 06-22-2000, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

We still have a few beers now and then. The most dangerous part is how much the go-nads grow with a couple in you. But one thing for sure, I don't get on a track with my Warrior if I've had any. Been there, done that. Rehab'd the knee all is well. My friend rehab's his upper body all is...better. Glad your alright. If I could find my D.A. trophy I'll send it to you.
oh yeah, road rash...hate it hate hate it.

Old 06-22-2000, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Im only 15 and i like to party you no. And i did the same thing but in stead of rolling over a hill there was one of them wires that go to a telephone pole and i kept running up and down it and couldnt get off for like 25 minutes never thought about putting it in reverse.
For now on ever party i go to some one thats sober gets the keys every time. We do it while we are camping.

Old 06-23-2000, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

I will have to agree to all of the above.A few weeks ago we went trail riding and about 20 miles from our starting point is a bar called the winner circle.Well after abour 6 or seven bottles of liquid corage we all headed back into the trails for our jorney back.Not 5 minutes into the ride our buddie rolled his 400ex about 5 times breaking his coller bone and doing some majour damage to his knee not to mention the 400.Well after he got picked up by his wife we continued on with our jorney.Next was my turn.I hit some majour woop area throwing me off my DS650 knocking the wind out of me and doing some minor leg damage.Well as I was on the ground I watched the DS go strait about 50 feet into a tree smashing the whole front shroud headlight assembly and all the brackets that help it together.Well after about $300 dollars and a painfull next few days I dont think I will be drinking and atving ever again.Just thought I would add my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Alcohol and driving definetly don't mix!