Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

1100cc yamaha warrior

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1100cc yamaha warrior

I am working on my newest project now. I can't find much info on retrofitting 1100cc engines in yamaha warriors but I plan on posting my info on my site. I have rebuilt part of the frame and extended it about 6-8 inches each way according to my measurments. The current on the arc welder had to be turned down because of the thin metal and I'm using 1/32 6011 rods. I am using a kawasiki ninja, warrior parts bike, and a separate frame, fenders, and wheels. I got the engine out and the other intake exhaust, cooling, and electrical systems. I am working on wiring which is not much of a problem, and the intake and exhaust which may be a little difficult. The intake is the real problem, I have to get air box and throttle cabling set up. I may be able to use the original fuel tank. I have a couple more mounting brackets to put in and some type of instrumentation, preferably simple and rugged. Can anyone imaging driving this beast? Imagine traveling at about 150-160 mph on one of these. I calculated, using the sprocket count and gear ratios and revs etc., the top speed of about 160 mph. The smaller things like wheel bearings, steering, and suspension systems may need work later for safety and performance. I will be posting info as i go.

Old 12-11-2003, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

You dont have to use the factory airbox, or any airbox for that matter, although if its fuel injection there is probably a sensor in there and the only way to run good without it is to have the motor run on defualt settings. There is somone on another yamaha forum doing the exact same thing with a GSXR 750 motor. He also had to cut the frame up and lengthen it to make it fit.

Old 12-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

u coulda built a custom frame for it with warrior mounting points for components i.e. plastic and have custom motor mounts n ya... u know but as long as it works...

Old 12-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

I too built a bike engine based quad. I used a quadsport 250 frame and suzuki gt750 3 cylinder 2 stroke engine.
I have quite a bit of welding and fab experience. I dont know how far you are, but I would strongly suggest using an "AC7018" welding rod over the 6011. The ac means it will work on a small ac welding machine, and it is a much stronger rod, and once you get the hang of it, will produce much nicer looking welds than the 6011.
As far as speeds of 160. If you are setting the bike up to drag race, you wont get those kinds of top speeds. It will be fast, but not near as fast as in the bike. But the acceleration will be mind boggling. You will probably also have to extend your swingarm a bit and possibly run a wheelie bar. good luck and have fun. i sure did, lol.
Patrick