Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

could FMF be the best exhaust for the raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default could FMF be the best exhaust for the raptor?

i asked my local dealership and he said that yoshi and T4 are the best sellers!!!!! he said that fmf is a poorly made pipe and he has seen many pipes come back because of the welds are not smooth and the best!
he also said to stay away from yamaha pipe and he is a yamaha dealer because they only make slip on and cost too much for the what the pipe is.
i will go with yoshi or T4, i think his second choice was T4!

Old 12-16-2003, 07:43 PM
Range Rover

cop is right sparks are 1 of the best pipes for raptors another good pipe is hmf

Old 12-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

All pipes are good!!!

Old 12-16-2003, 08:48 PM

FMF's have a limited lifetime. I'd reccomend the Sparks over every other exhaust system out there. The races prove this pipe, not the magazines,

Patrick

Old 12-16-2003, 08:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That's cause you didn't race a rappy with the Alba Pipe BigScary. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And the FMF pipes are crap....don't they rob hp [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Go ALBA all the way!!!! www.albaaction.com

Nothing sounds like the Alba pipe....damn it gives me chills.

Old 12-16-2003, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Sparx or Mbrp are the way to go hands down! i wouldnt trade my Sparks pipe for nothing!

Old 12-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

I have the fmf q and the power bomb header and i am very pleased with the fit finish and performance of this set up.I do quite a bit of sand drag racing on a 300 foot hill where i ride and for hill climbing midrange power and torque it is hard to beat.If you think about the rpms that you can actually achieve while under a load going up a hill then a pipe with more midrange and less top end makes sense it just depends on what kind of riding you do most.I also have a pro circuit t-4 and it is much better on the top end but the fmf -q is much better on the low end and for hill climbs.It has been my experience that although a particular pipe may build more peak horsepower at a higher rpm level if you cant get to that rpm level because of a load or because a short run then it doesnt do much good.I dont go by what i read and hear these are actual results that i have seen when i am racing other quads and it has proven to be true time and time again.Iam not claiming to have the fastest raptor but for the few modifications that i have it does much better than most people expect it to.BLASTER2FAST-I apologize for the long explanation but i am very pleased with my fmf and if you are looking for a pipe and header that will perform very well at mid levels and also does a good job at higher rpms then the fmf may be for you.

Old 12-16-2003, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
That's cause you didn't race a rappy with the Alba Pipe BigScary. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
bull butter son.........reread that post..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

The FMF powercore 4 I had literally fell apart after about 5 months of desert riding - I'll never buy another FMF product. It really doesnt matter how much peak power it makes if it falls apart.

I'm extremely happy with the Yosh comp stainless system.

Old 04-25-2004, 03:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone have a power bomb header for their raptor? Does it fit ok? and any noticeable performance gains vs stock header?

Quick Reply: could FMF be the best exhaust for the raptor?