Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The clutch is due on my raptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The clutch is due on my raptor

Hi if someone can please help me that will be great. The clutch is slipping on my raptor and i need a new one. I want to do it my self cause the place i go to is charging 600 bucks. I want to know what i have to buy to make it go good again, and what other stuff like oil filter and stuff? Also are there any aftermarket parts or clutch kits that are better or make it go faster. I am a newbie quads and stuff but i worked on some motors before like in cars but not with a clutch. if you can tell me how much will it cost me in total and the websites i can go to to look at this stuff that will be great. Thankyou sooo much. - Matt

Old 12-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

new fiber and steel plates and stiffer springs should stop the slipping if it is ajusted correctly. get a respested aftermarket clutch kit for it and you'll be good to go.

Old 12-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Buy a GYTR clutch it comes with steels,fibers and springs for about $100.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2003, 09:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LOWBOWTIE
Buy a GYTR clutch it comes with steels,fibers and springs for about $100.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
What he said.

Just stay away from Kevlar clutches!!!

Old 12-21-2003, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

The raptor i have is all stock will the gtyr clutch kit fit on that. do i need a clutch basket or pressure plate? i am reading and they have billet clutches or somthing. i just want to know what esactly i need fixed?

Old 12-22-2003, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

This will fix yours if nothing is broke (ie clutch basket,pressure plate,ect.) The only thing else you'll need is a gasket for the side cover. The billet stuff is for extra strength not mandantory if your not built up a whole lot.

Old 12-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

I just called the dealer and they said i needed an oil filter and a change. the guy said that i shouldn't touch it because he didn't think i know what i am doing but i am asking u guys if all i need is the gtyr clutch kit for $95 is there a website for gtyr? i could do it my self i am pretty sure i know what i am doing thanks guys...

-matt-

Old 12-22-2003, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Go to yamaha motors, 14mins.com, Alba Action. I know they all have them. It's not that Bad to do. Get a Manuel for the bike and it should show you every thing you need. I know some one has it in PDF here but I can't remember who.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2003, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

BTW , Dealers are not your friend when it comes to Modding your bike![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptorboy4life
I just called the dealer and they said i needed an oil filter and a change. the guy said that i shouldn't touch it because he didn't think i know what i am doing but i am asking u guys if all i need is the gtyr clutch kit for $95 is there a website for gtyr? i could do it my self i am pretty sure i know what i am doing thanks guys...

-matt-
I would go to your dealer, ask him to bend over, and then see if you can touch the back of his throat with your foot.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Just like LOWBOWTIE said, get a clutch GYT-R clutch kit and manual from your favortie nonstealership. It is not hard to put in....maybe a little time consuming, but not hard.

Quick Reply: The clutch is due on my raptor