Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine Overfenders

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine Overfenders

Does anyone know why Yamaha has discontinued the overfender accessory for the Wolvey? I just bought a 2004 and CANNOT find any place that has them in stock anymore. I thought the Wolverine was Yamaha's best seller and don't understand why they would discontinue any accessory for it. Do they not work well? I know Moose makes fender flares but I don't like the looks of them. Anyone know of anywhere they might still be in stock?
Thanks!

Old 12-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Moose extensions just need a little trimming, and they look just fine.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Trailblazer

ttt

Old 01-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Moose Mudguards has them for $100.00 plus shipping. Don't bother checking eBay, the last 2 OEM sets there went for $180+ and $200+. I can't believe the prices people bid some of these items up to! It's like they say "Harley" on them!
I was thinking about getting a set for mine, but some of the places we ride would tear them off in a matter of minutes, deep ruts with the sides higher than the seat is. I'm going to just add some heavy ribbed rubber to the bottoms of the front fenders (about 4"-6") to help keep the mud from the front tires down. I'm getting tired of getting plastered from the knees down and that ought to do the trick while still being flexible enough to not break off or cause any cracks in the front fenders. I plan on mounting the rubber with fender washers and 1/4" carriage bolts. The 25" Mud Lites do throw quite a bit more mud than the stock 23" Dunlops. Anyone intested in 4 stock tires with about 10 hours on them?
I'll be sure to post a couple of pics after I get it done and have had a chance to see how well it does for mud protection.
Have a good one!

Old 01-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the reply! I have decided to do the same thing on mine. I'm going to get some truck mud flaps and cut them down to mount on the front fenders. The stock overfenders look like they wouldn't do to much for mud protection anyway. I saw the pair go on Ebay.... what an insane price!

Old 01-05-2004, 06:17 AM
Pro Rider

My pal has a used set. He had me price them to a couple of guys on here for $80. If your interested pm me.

Old 01-05-2004, 07:00 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, there ya go! Sounds like the bargain of the year.....I decided that I'm goin' the couple of dollar route with mine, will see how well it works when I'm done.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

i think they looks wierd. then again i dont mind getting muddy, and i wash the wheeler after mudding everytym

Old 01-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

If you can find a set, the OEMs work fantastically. Makes a 100% difference whether you get covered or come home sqeaky clean.

~HoundDog

Old 01-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

Decided to try the "cheap" route! Picked up a pair of generic truck flaps from Advanced Auto and trimmed them to fit. Not much mud here right now (only a dusting of snow and going to -30 degrees F tonight) so I'll probably have to wait until spring to see how well they work. I'm mainly interested in keeping a ton of mud off my feet, but I also realize that getting muddy is part of the fun. I've posted some pics... nothing fancy. Hopefully they will be approved soon.

Quick Reply: Wolverine Overfenders