Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ test ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ test ride

I want to test ride a yfz 450 in the next couple weeks, I am 15 though, will the yamaha stealership let me test ride the quad still? or should i lie and say i am 16, my 16th b-day is on march 11th. I know they cannot sell me a quad though since im 15 ( when we got the blaster, my dad told them i was 16 so i got it, eh eh eh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]). any help appreciated, thanks.

Old 01-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ test ride

I doubt it.... I been 16 for four months now and I went to try out a Polaris Predator at a dealership a few weeks back. I was serious about buying it and the whole works and he's like "No I can't let you ride it at all unless you're 18." I was wtf, listen buddy I never rode one before and if you expect me to pay $5000+ on a used quad but I can't even start it how the hell are you expecting me to buy the dam thing!? I wasn't happy but he didn't see anything wrong with the picture.... He expected me to pay for it in cash and take it home before I even started it and call it good. He said he was worried if I had an accident in the parking lot with it..... Well instead I had an accident by walking out the door.... oopps....

Old 01-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ test ride

Pfft, Thats stupid, I would have to test ride a quad if i was really serious about buying it, you should have said " Well, i got the money in the car, but since i cant test ride it, ill just go to another dealership", that ought to make him mad he lost a sale. I wouldnt do business there again with that guy anyway.

This reminds me, my friend wanted to trade his 02 banshee in for a KX250 and some riding gear, his banshee was still in great condition, but ne way, they said they would have to offer him $2900.00, which was the same price i saw that they were asking for a rusted *** 85 (or w/e year it was) Moto 4 250. The salesman said that he would have to pay his mechanics $150.00 labor to change the front tires!!! He also said his frame was bent, which it wasnt, and continuously went looking over the quad with a calculator subtracting high dollar amounts for small stuff. they just wanted the 2 best things there, the bike and his banshee, selfish b@$tards.

Old 01-09-2004, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ test ride

all the stealerships around here dont let you test ride sport quads

Old 01-09-2004, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ test ride

The weird thing about my dealership was. I was just out there wanting to ride and they let me test ride a grizzly. When I wanted to test ride the Banshee there like no sir we cant let you do that on the sport quad.. I was like wtF?

Old 01-09-2004, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ test ride

I flashed the cash when I bought my Raptor. The preped a new KFX400 for me to test ride, and I got to test a Raptor. Gotta love the power of money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 06:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ test ride

can you honestly blame them? I mean, yeah, it's a business and you need to treat your customers right, but to let someone under 18 testdrive a bike is opening up all kinds of liability issues if something were to happen. Don't blame the dealership, blame the trial lawyers and libs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ test ride

I'd find one that has already had the required mods done and see if you can ride it. If you lived here, I'l let you ride one of ours. You'll be disappointed w/ the stocker. When I first rode it @ the dealership, I thought "I'm glad I'm getting this for my wife". Now I know the tricks to waking them up.

Old 01-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ test ride

our dealer just made my parents sign a liability waver when I was too young.........
but now that i'm 20 and I have bought several quads from them, they let me drive whatever I want.......

Old 01-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default YFZ test ride

99% of the under 18yo boys that walk into a dealership cannot purchase a quad on their own.....so why on earth would a salesperson be willing too let him / her ride it? I certainly do not want some punk beating on a potential quad I may be interested in.

Quick Reply: YFZ test ride