ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   I give up...bye bye raptor. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/132867-i-give-up-bye-bye-raptor.html)

kuz28 01-12-2004 03:24 PM

I give up...bye bye raptor.

yup time for a 450. most likely the yfz.

i can't keep pumping money into this thing. the Raptor is tourque beast. it eats and/or destroys everything after after the transmission and includes trannys. front sprockets, chains, rear hubs. i could go on and on. if i was into dragging or duning...than this would be my machine. even in the trails...i'm limited to 3 gears. sure i can go as fast if not faster than everyone else with those three gears. but here's the crazy thing. i have more fun in the tight stuff with my warrior using all 5 gears.

if only the warrior ripped and handled like my raptor...oh yeah, they do. its just called a YFZ. and thats where i'm going. i'll buy one over the next month or so. keep the Raptor until i'm convinced this is the quad for me...then i'll sell the 660.

hell, if i had a basement i'd keep them all.

anyways< someone gonna get a killa raptor.

new frame (5 hrs on it)
new LSR subframe
aluminum airbox
02 tranny upgrade (5 hrs on it)
JE 10/1 high comp piston
+2 LSR a-arms
+2 LSR axle
Elka's all around (rear cannister extended to the front)
graydon nerfs
Gytr everything (except pipe)
fmf full exhaust
tag bars

i may put the stock front end back on and sell the LSR a-arms and elka's together as a pakage.
i also have a spare set of +3 LSR a-arms to get rid of...

i tried it all...as you can see above. time to move on...

Raptoryfn660r 01-12-2004 03:26 PM

Is that what your putting on its headstone at the graveyard

I give up... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

garyc660R 01-12-2004 03:27 PM

WHat happenned?

kuz28 01-12-2004 03:49 PM

that question is easier answered by telling you what has'nt gone wrong. and to that i say one-way-bearing. and i don't want it to go wrong. other than that. everything else.

it's like trying to leave a girlfriend who treated you like S. but gave you the best sex. even when you know this isn't the girl your gonna marry...its hard to walk away. deep down you know its the right thing to do...and that theres something/someone better out there for you.

i've found the new other women...and her name is YFZ. and man, am i gonna throw her a bang!

Gary, if i had the money..i'd by you one too man. you deserve it.

Lennie 01-12-2004 04:01 PM

LMAO. That's a fantastic analogy....

Flynbryan 01-12-2004 04:03 PM

Originally posted by: kuz28
that question is easier answered by telling you what has'nt gone wrong. and to that i say one-way-bearing. and i don't want it to go wrong. other than that. everything else.

it's like trying to leave a girlfriend who treated you like S. but gave you the best sex. even when you know this isn't the girl your gonna marry...its hard to walk away. deep down you know its the right thing to do...and that theres something/someone better out there for you.

i've found the new other women...and her name is YFZ. and man, am i gonna throw her a bang!

WOW......thats pretty deep..... lol.

Well, hope you find what your looking for Kuz. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do too. I don't know if I want to take the plunge or not..... Cause once you start modding your gonna lose your @$$ when you turn around to sell. Your never going to get close to what you spent in it.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Sad, but true.

garyc660R 01-12-2004 04:06 PM

Originally posted by: kuz28
it's like trying to leave a girlfriend who treated you like S. but gave you the best sex.
LMAO....thats the term I have been looking for. I appreciate the thoughts bro!

kuz28 01-12-2004 04:14 PM

thanks man, i here ya. I love the rappy...it just came to a matter of Dollars and "sense". lol

i'll allways have memories of tearing the s out of the MX track on a 660...and being so damn scared...it took a complete year to train myself in keeping my blatter from exploding over 30ft table tops and 20ft doubles. i know i'm gonna reflect back someday...and wonder what the hell i was thinking. but hey...thats how we rappy owners do it.

Flynbryan 01-12-2004 04:21 PM

Kuz, throw us out some "completed" pics of the rappy one last time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I never did get to see what it looked like after you got done rebuilding it. And don't worry, theres lots of people that will carry the raptor torch of frustration, tears, and broken 01' trannys. When its your time...its your time... lol

Tyme 01-12-2004 04:31 PM

Wow, too bad, I just bought an 02 and was hoping to come up and ride with you!