Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Looking for a new 4 wheeler

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a new 4 wheeler

After trail riding today I realized that I want a bigger 4 wheeler. I currently have a 2003 Blaster, and im 6'2", around 200lbs. I was looking at the Raptor, out the door price is $5405. I am about to sell my '02 R6, and will have extra cash to put on a new quad. I ride alot of trail riding, but also play down on the sandbars, and i love to just hang out with buddies and pull wheelies, and other childish stuff. Like I said, I was looking at the Raptor, or the new YFZ, but its all new so I really dont want to buy a brand new introduced quad. What about a banshee? I dont have a problem buying a used quad, as long as its in stock cond., well engine is stock. Thanks for any help

John

Old 01-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

i love my warrior, ive never ridden a banshee, but ive only heard good things about em. also, the warrior has 6 gears...and reverse for fat lazy people like me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. not to mention i got it in very good condition for $2300

Old 01-14-2004, 08:43 PM
Range Rover

The only problem with a Warrior is that I heard they aren't very fast, and I know can I always stick a pipe, filter, and re-jet, but it would be nice if I just bought something with a new power, that I wouldnt have to sink money into it.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

stock for stock, faster than a blaster.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

For someone your size I would suggest sitting on a Bomb DS650, unless you are partial to yamaha. Just to let you know I have always rode yamahas until I went to a dealer that sells yamaha and bombardier. I sat and rode the raptor then went and looked at the DS and fell in love with it and am now riding it all the time. I ride trails mostly and its great.....only bad thing is no reverse. I am 180 lbs and it fits me well and I know that the guys who are bigger than me almost all love the DS. The main reason I like it better for trails is that it is not so "wheelie" prone like the raptors. If you want to wheelie the DS it will deffinatley do it, but if you want to just go up a hill and make some turns it is much easier to keep the front wheels down and manuver around things.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Banshee's are very fast not so good with trails but over all they are awesome, the down side is they will take a lot of money to keep running perfect.... Humm, I might get shot for saying this but i hear the raptors take quite a few bucks to make they "perfect" what i mean it if you play hard you might need these aftermarket parts: axel, shocks, starter.etc and they are a little top heavy.. Thats just what i have heard....

You might want to look at the:
z400/kfx
predator

Old 01-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

yea i didnt even think to mention the KFX/Z400 since it was posted in the yamaha board. A buddy of mine has a KFX400 with a white bro's E-series pro meg, k&n, and jet kit and it will kill raptors on trails, and can hang pretty close in drags.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think for the money the predator is a good deal, with good shocks and tires, rims standard.. And for 04 all the probs were fixed... Its pretty fast stock for stock its equal to the rappy and handles very well....

Old 01-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

I wouldnt tell anyone to buy a Blaster, a raptor, well the atv is one the highest priced and parts for it are high too.

A Banshee runs good. If you plan to do ANY trailing forget about it. No reverse, no electric start, no ground clearance. THEY ARE A RACING ATV.

Now a Bombarder is how i think its spelled, Out of alot of people price range. The Bomb is right, is will set a bomb right off in your pocket book buying parts not to mention buying the thing in the first place....

Something that runs and you can trail with. Are a 400ex Honda and Warrior, and to the guy that said the Warriors dont run. Not everyone is making a racing four wheeler out of it. They run just fine and both go easier on the pocket book when it comes to parts and getting them.....!

Old 01-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

The RAPTOR is great for trail riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Looking for a new 4 wheeler