Default Raptor mystery

this same problem happened to me

glad you got it diagnosed

Old 01-18-2004, 06:21 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor mystery

theres got to be something shady about shady ale,,,,,,and where did you meet Amber?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor mystery

Originally posted by: Bing
theres got to be something shady about shady ale,,,,,,and where did you meet Amber?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Oooh, Amber is FINE.

Shady Ales include:

Six Roosters Nut Brown
Elk Drag Pale
Citori Amber

In developement: Choteau Death March, and Quadracer.

Shady Brewery tours given free to all forum members, with unlimited taste testing. All you gotta do is show up.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Raptor mystery

mmm, beer![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Shady, have you tried any stouts? oatmeal isn't just for breakfast anymore!

dude you live in one of the most beautifal places on the planet, have a gorgeous wife & family who's into quads, and you brew your own beer.
"Ladies and Gentleman, we have a winner!"

Old 01-18-2004, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor mystery

Hey thaks for the back pat. It's been well below freezing and foggy for weeks here, so brewing a batch of oatmeal stout sounds like a darn good thing to try. Can't ride? Brew!!

Old 01-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Raptor mystery

i used to work at a microbrewery and we made an experimental batch. man, that stuff was like a meal in a glass! def. not for lite beer drinkers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor mystery

When you can stand a fork up in it, it's just right. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor mystery

SHADYRASCAL-Although it sounds like you found the problem but you may still want to consider installing a set of carb boots from upp.I had the boots blow off of my carbs when it was totally stock and after it was modified and since i switched to the upp boots i have not had this problem again.Proper air and fuel mixtures set to avoid backfires are certainly the way to go but for insurance i went with the upp boots because of the poor design(too much flex) in my opinion of the stock boots.I am suggesting the upp boots because i had mine blow off when i was about four or five miles out in the dunes and the wind was very strong and blowing the sand around and needless to say i was in a very big hurry to get them back on and thats when i decided to go with the upp.I probably sound like i work for upp but i do not it is just such a quality product that i wanted to share my opinion on what happened to me with the boots coming off in the hopes of helping others avoid the same thing.

Old 01-18-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor mystery

Dune, thanks for the tip. Who is upp and where do I find them?
Shady

Old 01-19-2004, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor mystery

SHADYRASCAL-You can find UPP at their website at (UPPRACING.COM) and i think you will find that the products that they sell and the explanation they give as to why they are superior are pretty impressive.I believe that the boots which they refer to as INTAKE MANIFOLDS are about 80 dollars for the set and they come with stainless replacement bolts for installation.After i had my carb boots come off i watched as i reved my motor and i could see a slight bellowing effect which did not seem like a good thing to me but with the stronger upp product that effect is gone.

Quick Reply: Raptor mystery