Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Stock bore with High Compression Piston - Is anyone running this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Stock bore with High Compression Piston - Is anyone running this?

Interesting, I run a 12:1 102mm JE with FCRs and the same fuel. 110 octane Unocal. What were your mains? Also did a major name shop do the bore and properly size it for your piston? I had LRD bore mine and they claimed to have a hand in the developement of the piston and said earlier pistons had a flaw in the design or were weak in a critical area, when/where did you purchase the piston?

Old 01-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Raptor Stock bore with High Compression Piston - Is anyone running this?

Sparks Racing did mine about 6 or 7 months ago. It ran Sweet until Last Sunday at Glamis.

Old 01-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Darin, (sp?) have you opened it up yet? Was it piston failure or rod failure? TIA

Old 01-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The only thing I can see is the piston broke to pieces and the rod hit the bottom of the case and got stuck and bent to h3ll.

Old 01-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey Dave, how is your kid?

Old 01-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

I would think that Sparks should know their stuff, was it them that told you not to run FCRs??? I told them my exact setup when I ordered my FCRs. I also cant imagine that running one carb or another would cause any ill effects on a piston unless they could not flow enough fuel to cool it. The FCRs definitely flow enough to do the trick. Just read your last post, the piston pieces could have caused the rod failure and not a direct rod issue.

Old 01-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What broke the piston or the rod?

Old 01-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW I still have my stock piston in mine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
Hey Dave, how is your kid?
He's doing fine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You can see a picture in the bomb forum under the topic, "Eaglecollector I'm calling you out" or somthing like that.

Thanks.

Old 01-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

One of them told me they were having problems with them that day cuz another one did the same thing as mine the day before and look what happened. Yeah I dont fill its there fault but the company that made the piston should do something but its not going to happen I dont even want to go there.

Dave!!! I almost Past out looking at that!!! Crazy dude!!!!

Quick Reply: Raptor Stock bore with High Compression Piston - Is anyone running this?