Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WHAT CAM IS BEST?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT CAM IS BEST?

We have a guy that races nationaly that lives in our town. He recently opened a quad shop for high performance repairs and aftermarket stuff. Got lots of good used stuff too. He had a set of 39mm FCR's for my raptor yesterday for right at $400, I thought that was a pretty good deal. I got to talking to him about cams and which one would be better. I asked alot about the hot cams, cause that is the only thing I have heard. He said White Brothers puts out a webcam, and he had alot of good stuff to say about it. He said if i did get the webcam and had them install it, then he would cut the price back on the 39mm FCR's to really take advantage of the cam. He then kind of explained to me about some other stuff i could get to help get more HP, such as a big bore kit. He had his fully decked out race machine sitting in there, Yamaha YFZ 450, it was so nice.
He did say that with the webcam the only drawback is the core charge. But the wait would be worth it.

Old 06-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jrobertson
We have a guy that races nationaly that lives in our town. He recently opened a quad shop for high performance repairs and aftermarket stuff. Got lots of good used stuff too. He had a set of 39mm FCR's for my raptor yesterday for right at $400, I thought that was a pretty good deal. I got to talking to him about cams and which one would be better. I asked alot about the hot cams, cause that is the only thing I have heard. He said White Brothers puts out a webcam, and he had alot of good stuff to say about it. He said if i did get the webcam and had them install it, then he would cut the price back on the 39mm FCR's to really take advantage of the cam. He then kind of explained to me about some other stuff i could get to help get more HP, such as a big bore kit. He had his fully decked out race machine sitting in there, Yamaha YFZ 450, it was so nice.
He did say that with the webcam the only drawback is the core charge. But the wait would be worth it.
if you are talking about a new pair of 39 FCR's......for $400 for the set.......i'm calling bull$hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They retail for $1180........if he sold them to you for that......he is a complete moron.........
and you need to give me his number......I will buy every set he can get for 400 bux.....

Old 06-17-2004, 05:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'll take a set or two of 39mm fcr's for $400. I mean I already got a good deal on 35's...right Scary. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004, 03:02 AM
Range Rover

sorry...$400 for each carb, my mistake

Old 06-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
I'll take a set or two of 39mm fcr's for $400. I mean I already got a good deal on 35's...right Scary. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
yeah you got a steal.........and I got RAPED....cause i was too nice to try to make money one them..........

LoL

but 400 per carb is still a great deal..........they retail for over 1100 for the set

Old 06-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah you got a steal.........and I got RAPED....cause i was too nice to try to make money one them..........
Just because a set went on ebay that same week for $805 doesn't mean anything. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] SETTLE DOWN NOW CHILDREN!!

Old 06-18-2004, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also like to know if the hotcam lost all of your low end. I have the hotcams intake race and exhaust race edition cams, but the only thing they did was make my quad slower. So i had them removed and my quad was fast again. Some one had told that because i had the exhaust cam in with no porting job was reason that i lost power and to just put in the intake cam and thats it. I am going to have the intake be put in on monday, but i would still like to know why i lost power with both cams in?

Old 06-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
Just because a set went on ebay that same week for $805 doesn't mean anything. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
yeah.......only $255 difference.......no big deal right?

Old 06-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah.......only $255 difference.......no big deal right?
You made a new friend though. LOL. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]