Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Can you make a Grizzly start off faster than a Prarie?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you make a Grizzly start off faster than a Prarie?

I was wondering if anybody knew how to make a Grizzly outrun a Prarie 700 on the start?

Old 01-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Trailblazer

Yes. First you K&N, clutch and pipe the Grizz. Then you stuff a potatoe, real tight, in the exhaust of the Prarie. That move will make the race close but to garantee a win you will have to remove one of the rear tires from the Prarie. With these mods you will beat the Prarie by about 2 legths in a 1/8 mile race. Sorry about that but I couldn't resist. I had the good fortune of riding (for a whole day) a Prarie 700 this last fall. I own a Grizz with many mods and the Prarie hands down beats the Grizz in every aspect except ride comfort. The Prarie does beat the Grizz in ride when you are beating down the trail real hard. The Prarie was much more predictable in corners and rough. Am waiting to see what Suzuki is doing with the Prarie and I'm sure the Grizz will be gone.

Old 01-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have rode a praire 650 and it will throw your stomach into your throat. The Grizz is a better bogger than a Prairie in that aspect but if Kawi or Suzuki ever decides to put IRS on one or their machines then the Grizzly will be mounted on antique collectors walls

Old 01-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

no

Old 01-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Range Rover

The prairie MIGHT be worth considering if it wasn't so ugly. But thats just my opinion.

Old 01-27-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

It's too squat. I don't like the looks of the 700. I rode my cousin's Polaris 700. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I know what my next one will hopefully be.

Old 01-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Bushwacker660
Yes. First you K&N, clutch and pipe the Grizz. Then you stuff a potatoe, real tight, in the exhaust of the Prarie. That move will make the race close but to garantee a win you will have to remove one of the rear tires from the Prarie. With these mods you will beat the Prarie by about 2 legths in a 1/8 mile race. Sorry about that but I couldn't resist. I had the good fortune of riding (for a whole day) a Prarie 700 this last fall. I own a Grizz with many mods and the Prarie hands down beats the Grizz in every aspect except ride comfort. The Prarie does beat the Grizz in ride when you are beating down the trail real hard. The Prarie was much more predictable in corners and rough. Am waiting to see what Suzuki is doing with the Prarie and I'm sure the Grizz will be gone.
Dude that's funny. HAHAHa[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2004, 01:26 AM
Trailblazer

You could always push the Griz with the Prairie and it will be in the lead

2002 Vinson Auto
Dyno-jet kit
HMF exhaust with quiet core

1999 Polaris Magnum 500
Titan 589 M/T's

Old 01-28-2004, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

My Grizzly would run very well against the 650 Prairies but the new 700 there is no way. It is like night and day. The slow speed ride and probably rutted mud goes to the Grizzly but I do believe the Prairie will take it every where else. That power is awesome.

Old 01-28-2004, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

Mudcat,

03 Titanium Grizzly LE FOR SALE

How much are you selling that Grizzly for? Is it in good shape? How many miles? How many mechanical problems? How many hours? What is the reason for selling it? Sorry for all questions. Thanks

Quick Reply: Can you make a Grizzly start off faster than a Prarie?