Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Laid er down Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laid er down Sunday

I was out riding with the guys on Sunday and took a turn too sharp and wound up laying my quad down on some very rocky terrain. Unfortunately, that was the one time I did not throw the chest protector on that day. Doc thinks I broke some rib tips on my left side. If I cough or sneeze in the next few days, Im sure all of you will hear me howl. Thankfully that was all that happened to me. Trashed my brand new helmet, one ride on it, had to order a new one. Let me beat you to the punch, yes I was a dumb **** for not putting on the chest protector. I highly recommend it cause I feel like I got whacked with a 2 X 4 in my side. On the up side, a few scratches on the Rappy plastic and reposition the thumb throttle and I dont think its any worse for wear. I think the Rappy used my body as a meat glide plate.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Bummer Turtler. Glad your ok though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] As for the chest protector, I don't think it would've helped much unless you landed more towards your front/back. Right at the side there is no protection on "most" chest protectors. I think the Moose has side protection, but thats the only one I can think of. They do wrap around a little, but if you hit dead center on your side I'm not so sure it would've helped. I know atleast on my Fox airframe it wouldn't. Again glad you(and your quad) are alright.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Range Rover

im glad to hear you are ok. not an issue though at least you can ride. i have a compound tiba and fibula fracture on my right leg. it was a work realated injury. the doc told me i cant ride until june. i looked at him and said hes crazy, man that pisses me off. im just sitting here at home wishing to be riding me quad but i can't i can only dream.