Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How come honda builds lackluster motors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How come honda builds lackluster motors?

I think Honda is smart. They make thier street bikes,dirtbikes,and quads competitive,but still maintain thier reputation of quality,and best handling. They put all thier Resorces to work in RACING with thier FACTORY teams. they higher the best riders. have the very best Rocket scientists working in the pits,and they win ALL what they set out to win.

Honda Wins all the Dirtbike races with Ricky C.
Honda wins all the GP races with Valentino R.
Honda won the BAJA 1000 with a Rincon(last year) and 450r this year.
Honda WILL win ATV national championship if they so choose to this year.
the list goes on and on.

Everyone in racing knows the TEAM HONDA is THE RIDE to get if your a talented rider. Because they will spare NO EXPENSE to win.

My comments are not to down grade Yamaha, or anyone else. but Hondas MARKETING seems to be alittle different, and I think it works the best. Their are more loyal Honda fans than any other brand in the world. go figure.

bigger.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good post bigger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2004, 01:22 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Bigger, Amen.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you watch the Yamaha commercials they always talk about thier POWER!! and that it is the MOST ,the FASTEST,and the Blah blah blah.

But in a Honda commercial they show you their Riders,and their Championship(s) Trophies!! LOL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Its 2 different mind sets, they both work, but which one is better???

bigger.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Hey its Honda thats the problem not the Honda ATV devision. Everything Honda makes that I can think of is a little more suttle than the competition. A little more subdued and not as exciting. If you look at there sportbike market they did the exact same thing that they did with the Honda 250r in the 80's. they made a great bike in 1993. the cbr 900 but then got there butt handed to them in 1996 when the new gsxr 750 came along. And then instead of responding didn't really do much but continue to maintain what they already had. They do have an R&D dept. but it must not be quite as aggresive as Yamaha's or even Suzuki's. It kind of reminds me of going to a drop zone and either running with the adrinaline junkies with the green hair jumping with the free style boards and hi profile canopies or runnning with the long term jumpers that do just relative work. Sorry got off on a tangent. But I think you get the point. Yamaha and Suzuki are the adrenaline junkies and I see Honda as the more mundane sometimes more reliable company. now there are acceptions to the rules but on average and as a company thats very true.

Me, I would rather run with adrenaline junkies and fly through the air on my ATV, and go for the chance to have maximum potential and hp even if there is a minimal risk, thats why I ride Yamaha or Suzuki. And there many that prefer Honda for the most part because they don't like chances or just prefer the so called reliability of Honda over the others. Buy what you want! Make sure it fits your personality though!

Old 01-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

And if you watch Bomb commercials.....Oh wait I don't think I've ever seen one of those.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think what Bigger said about Honda marketting has alot of merit. The Honda lovers can always go back to saying "yeah but we won the Baja and the ....". They just negelect to mention anything about cheating locals or ......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It sure sells them alot!

Old 01-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
I think Honda is smart. They make thier street bikes,dirtbikes,and quads competitive,but still maintain thier reputation of quality,and best handling. They put all thier Resorces to work in RACING with thier FACTORY teams. they higher the best riders. have the very best Rocket scientists working in the pits,and they win ALL what they set out to win.

Honda Wins all the Dirtbike races with Ricky C.
Honda wins all the GP races with Valentino R.
Honda won the BAJA 1000 with a Rincon(last year) and 450r this year.
Honda WILL win ATV national championship if they so choose to this year.
the list goes on and on.

Everyone in racing knows the TEAM HONDA is THE RIDE to get if your a talented rider. Because they will spare NO EXPENSE to win.

My comments are not to down grade Yamaha, or anyone else. but Hondas MARKETING seems to be alittle different, and I think it works the best. Their are more loyal Honda fans than any other brand in the world. go figure.

bigger.
Bigger, I dont think you keep up with SX!!!! Last year Chad Reed waxed Carmicheal in the end!!! He is winning now!!!!!!!!!! Bubba Stewart will come up on his Kawi and Completely devastate Carmichael and Reed!!!! Yamaha usually finishes 2 out of the top 3!!!! Dont ever say Honda hires the best Riders, if thats so true, how come Kevin Windham gets out to the lead just to have REED on his Yamaha pass him and run away with it?????? Reed owns the SX tracks till bubba gets here next year and Carmichael definately does good outside, but he battles Windham to much to be the best anymore!!!! Yamaha is also representing rather well in the Quad races this year too!!!! Pikes Peak has always been a race HONDA can't even compete in, now don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Honda, just the facts bro!!! Baja, how many years did Yamaha win the Baja win their Banshee???? Sundhal was a prime example of what the Yami can do there!!!!! when you talk about the GRAND PRIX races....the GSXR is definately the BIKE to beat, but all of that is the RIDER!!!! So before you say that HONDA is the THE RIDE, just look at what Yamaha does with SX this year!!!!

Old 01-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

F'n local cheaters!

two diffrent market strategies no doubt. But Yamaha doesn't need riders to sell their machines. they've sold every Banshee, Blaster or warrior without paying some rider to sit on it and say this is why they won the _________ (<<<insert race here). Nope...and they'll also sell every YFZ without sponsoring anyone.

Old 01-29-2004, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kuz28
F'n local cheaters!

two diffrent market strategies no doubt. But Yamaha doesn't need riders to sell their machines. they've sold every Banshee, Blaster or warrior without paying some rider to sit on it and say this is why they won the _________ (<<<insert race here). Nope...and they'll also sell every YFZ without sponsoring anyone.
Good post, Kuz!!!!

Kuz, Amen!!!!

Old 01-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sooooooooooooooo............... what happens when Suzuki releases their new quad??????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How come honda builds lackluster motors?