Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Whats the stupid stuff you've seen done?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the stupid stuff you've seen done?

lol...thats never fun

Old 01-31-2004, 01:41 AM
The Facility

What's the stupid stuff that I've seen done??

Probally the pic of the 1987 Honda Foreman 350 on my pic page...............You've got to look at this thing.

The pic doesn't do justice, trust me. This thing had chrome everything. That winch on the front............If I remember correctly, that thing had a 10,000 lb rating!!! I can't explain the bug shield.......or the flood lights...........LOL

Old 01-31-2004, 01:52 AM
The Facility

Oh........I'm not done.........sorry.

The stuff that I have seen ome in the shop???

1. A BigRed 3 wheeler with a 5HP Briggs&Stratton engine bolted to the front rack with a chain and "homemade" sproket on the axle. I asked him if it worked as intended. He sat on it, reached forward and pulled the rope and operated the throttle lever[from lawn mower] that was attached to the front fork. It worked.....3 wheel drive........but still, very stupid.

2. A TRX300 with green grips. The grips were nothing but pieces of water hose!! He then went a step forward with this thinking and had cabinet door ***** [welded?] put into the end of the bars to keep the water hose from slipping off.

3. I had a guy come in one time looking for an oil filter for his ATC110. After I told him that it had none, and him arguing that it did, he asked me to come out to his truck and he would show it to me. Low and behold...... Someone had put a CB750 streetbike engine in this thing!! It had a "custom" engine rail, "custom" loooong fork extenders, and to top it all off........had lawn mower tires in the rear. I later found out that the guy found this thing lying behind a barn and it didn't even run. I wonder why it would be parked behind a barn?? Hmmm

If I weren't so tired, I'm sure I could think of more, because it seems like everyday, I see something that I thought I would never see....and almost always laugh.

Old 01-31-2004, 02:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I crashed unloading my quad out of the bed of the truck.

ernie660r hit a mobile home head on at 30-40 mph and totaled out his banshee and walked away......very slowly

Old 01-31-2004, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

My most famous red neck stunt . I used to drag race lawnmower we raced 100 feet on street asphalt I ran 100 feet in 1.96 sec that was with mower powered by a polaris 707 with clutch engagment at 6200 and dyno built 11000 rpm pipes what a rush . Here some of the machines Lawn dragsters

Old 01-31-2004, 03:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

cool lawnmowers. I have been thinking about building one for no real reason. I must be bored

Old 01-31-2004, 04:22 AM
MrG
Trailblazer

Man in my ATC 125 on super low there was 4 ppl on it 2 fat asses and i swear we hit a little *** mound like curb height and popped a wheelie and the guy on sitting on the handlebars got stuck up there and then went back down hard on the handle bars.

Old 01-31-2004, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

This one is not as good as some, but here it goes. We were riding in a pasture, and one of the guys had been pulling wheelies off two wheels all day(kind of a one wheel wheelie, if you know what I mean?) and one of the guys tried it. So, he gets her up on two wheels and pulls a wheelie, and some time in between being on two wheels, and going for the wheelie, he stuck his foot down and the quad kinda just rode all the way up his leg, down his back and over his arm. We couldn't stop lauging! He had perfect Dunlap tread marks covering one side of his whole body!

Old 02-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Speaking of lawnmowers, my dad got a brand new Craftsman hydrostatic (or w/e), so i took his older craftsman, chunked the deck off, and went muddin! We rode on some trails i had for my quads down the road, sometimes the belt would slip off so we would tow it down the road to the trails so we wouldnt risk throwing the belt off, it had no brakes either. We took it through a mud hole that was no problem for my banshee or 300ex, but we decided we would rut it out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], so i backed the 300ex down in it, held in the front brake and let her rip, after i was done, i took the lawn mower down in it and it sucked the front tire down in mud, that thing would spin and when the belt got wet, it didnt want to go anywhere. Also, i tried to climb a 60 degree hill with a root at the top, when i got near the top, the rear tire (being a lawn turf lol) got stuck on that root so i had no choice but to back down, when i did, having no brakes, it hit an uneven part on the trail and rolled over, that was the funniest thing ever, except when my friend tried to climb a steeper hill, then it started to come back on him, so he pushed in the clutch brake and rolled back down, that was even funnier than when i flipped it, now i need a new starter for it. AND ONE MORE stupid/funny thing i did was get a fake afro from walmart, and went riding down the road with it, there was so many people that saw me with that thing on, ill have to do some more of that stuff this summer, hehehe. sorry for the long azz post [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider

In the mid 80s, when 3 wheelers were still legal, I can remember an incident....at a rural bar in wisc, middle of the winter. After a few...the boys were starting to discuss the merits of the different wheelers, and starting and driving styles. The newbies( me being one of them), claimed that the motor needed to be warmed up gently, before going down the trail. The louder ones, claimed they could just hop on and ride down the trail with out any warm up. It had to be very close to zero that night, so waiting for the motor to warm up, took a long time, and i imagine the more experienced guys were tiring of waiting on us younguns. The bragging began, and so did the challenges. One guy claimed he could start it up, and go to full thottle, in nuetral, and let it sit that way, for a full minute. Another guy said he'd do it longer than that.
Money got on the bar, and we headed outside. There must have been 25 guys, with impared thinking, standing around, hoping to see connecting rods fly thru the motors. I know i was.
I believe they were a 250 big red, and a 225 tri moto, I know it was honda vs yami, funny...things haven't changed much since then. Anyway, both fired right up, and both got pinned to the bar. It was awsome, the smoke,the knocking sounds,and the wound out screaming (people and trikes), im still chuckling about it as i write. Both guys were as cool as cucumbers, just smiling and sippin the PBR. After, which turned out to be 5 minutes, of wide open, blistering screaming, the yami shut down. And what a let down, it just sputtered to a stop. The honda guy let it go another 1/2 minute, just to show us newbies, that its not hurtin a thing. I think he must have made 50 bucks, on that bet.
Anyway, just to let the yami guys, know what happened...(dont want to start a honda yami fight [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )Turns out the tri moto ran out of gas! Took him awhile to figure out what happened, put some gas in, and was ready to take on someone else.
I probably killed a few brain cells back then, but i also learned alot from those crazy guys. Goes to show, the motors can take alot of abuse, and still keep going. Since then, i dont spend much time at idle.

Quick Reply: Whats the stupid stuff you've seen done?