Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

A-arms; +2 up 1, or +3 up 1??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A-arms; +2 up 1, or +3 up 1??

So are there any negative affects with +3 up1 if you are ordering shocks at the same time?? If you are not racing nationals, these are the ticket huh?? The wider the better right?? Or are there some un-wanted effects of this width?
Is a -1" swingarm and +1 a-arms the ticket? Has anyone rode Wicked Production A-arms? Is there any negative adverse handling with the +3 arms? Does anyone here have the scoop with this issue? I would appreciate any knowledgeable answers on this subject... This is for my 370 LR Shee and TCS suspension is going all the way around her.... And the riding is going to be only MX..... Please, only educated answers only and I do not wish to hear the drama about a Shee being no good for MX and all of the other crap...... Thank you for your knowledge.

Old 02-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man a 'shee aint no good fo MX ya fool...go buy a yfz or sumtin dawg...

J/P...for MX, I'd say the wider the better because there is nothing to tight for it not to make it through....as far as -1 swingarm and +3+1 a-arms...dunno about it...

I personally think if you have the suspension, Banshees could dominate MX.

Old 02-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am no expert at mxing a Banshee. I bought some parts off of a guy on another forum and I have his advise. His name is Stu Gaff and was a great guy too do business with. I am sure he would not mind me posting his recommendation.

[quote]
Gary, I also have a stock head and foot pegs. As far as the -2 -1 propegs - They are great for MX racing. I also run a -2" swing arm. It turns and jumps so much better. Not as good as a 250r - but much improved. I have +2 +1 a arms so needless to say the weight distribution has now moved way back. (all 3 (arms, pegs and swing arm) had a contribution with the swing arm being greatest) I revalved my shock to get it close to zero preload just so I could get a decent holeshot without the front end going to the sky. Before the revalve, I was going to put the stock pegs and the other nerfs back on.[quote]

Hope this helps. He mxed the bike and this was his experience and his opinion. What works for one guy does not work for another sometimes.