Old 02-18-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buffed VS Not...

Given:

standard 21-12-8 8-paddle Skat-trak hauler

vs

triple buffed 21-12-8 10-paddle Skat-trak hauler

Which is going to get my **** up the hill faster? Why?

How can it be rotational speed i.e. the buffed are less weight - they measured @ less than 1/2 lb difference?

Old 02-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Buffed VS Not...

We're looking at the post I have no idea though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default Buffed VS Not...

Well I havent talked to since you blew up your quad at the dunes in september but here is my opinion after a little research I have done.

The triple buffs allow the tire to flex a little more and allow the tire to grow or become more round. the triple buffs end up with less tire touching the sand so they allow you to go faster because you have less tire in the sand that you are trying to push. also a triple buff flexs more so it gives more traction on take off, alot of guys run 21-12-8 triples and i think it would be a awesome tire on a yfz

I think the triple buff 10 would be slightly faster than a standard but a triple buff 8 might go a little faster because of less drag

triple buffs are really thin and with the growing amounts of rocks at the bottom of sand mountain they could get cut easy and i hear that you cant fix them .

they do make double buffs and i have a set and i like them but if you are trying to be the fastest you will need triple buffs.

i know that on the big hills if you over paddle your bike it will slow you down so i would consider a triple buff 8 and also when you get into triple buffs they start measuring rollout and they range anywhere from 68-74+ so you might want to call skat trak and see what they recomend.

so to make a long story short triple will be faster because the tires are a little bigger and rounder and you arent trying to push as much sand, but once you get over ego racing the mountain and want to go dune you will be affraid to be running around on fragile tires

this is just my opinion after much debate on what paddles I wanted to run last year i hope it helps talk to you later Dave

Old 02-19-2004, 12:29 AM
The Facility
Default Buffed VS Not...

I thought this was going to be a link to a picture rating site[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Buffed VS Not...

I think he pretty much summed it up.

As far as the weight goes, don't forget about the 2 extra paddles. But yeah I think it has alot to do with flex.

You can't answer your first question. It depends on too many things, IE: horse power, traction, size of the hill, ect....

Old 02-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default Buffed VS Not...

Triples are faster, I just didn't think that the gain was worth strictly drag racing, so I got the regular 21-12-8 extremes

Old 02-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buffed VS Not...

I agree with cpc and I think 10 paddle would be too much but that kind of depends on the sand too. 7 or 8 paddle is what I see on some of the fastest quads around here.

KNOWSALOT this is a quad site but if you ask around I'm sure someone can link you up to a site with some buff photos. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sorry I don't know of any, I'm not that kind of guy.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Buffed VS Not...

Selector

How much did the two different types weigh?

My 20X11X9 8 paddle haulers weighed 9lbs even and the other 8lbs 12 oz on an electronic fish scale
obviously without the rim.

Old 02-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Buffed VS Not...

I would go with 7 paddle UL's for shooting the hill. That's my opinion on what I've seen.

Old 02-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Buffed VS Not...

As it stands now, I'm gonna go w/ the 8-paddle ULs. They'll still be faster than what I'm currently running (21-12-8s) which are fast in and of themselves.

Quick Reply: Buffed VS Not...