Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee axle question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee axle question?

Ok, does anybody know how much wider a stock-width Banshee axle is than a Stock-width Blaster axle? i want to get a stronger and slightly wider axle for my blaster in the future, and i know that the banshee axle will fit a blaster. and instead of getting the +2 for a blaster, i could get the standard width for a Banshee and save a lot of $$ that way.
crap, i just realised something as i was typing this up....i would also need a banshee axle-Carrier wouldnt i?? this could present a problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] if anyone has any Input, advise, or suggestions than that would be awesome. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 01:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets see, stock banshee is 1 inch wider than a stock raptor. i believe a stock raptor is about 1-2 inches wider than a stock blaster. that said, you are looking at about 2-3 inches.

Old 02-19-2004, 01:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Why not get a Team Industries adjustable axle, then you have the best of all worlds. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

your blaster axle carrier will work just fine.

Old 02-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

the banshee axle is 3'' wider then blasters.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Ok than...let me get this right! a banshee axle will fit on my stock carrier? but would my Hubs fit the banshee axle. otherwise hubs are too expensive for me lol. and 2-3 inches..!! 3 inches is probly going to be too wide for what i want, even 2 inches is pushing it with the offset wheels. i think ill just get a standard width axle anyhow. unless i can find banshee Hubs lying on the ground somewhere..lol jk.

and how much does that TEAM axle cost?? ive seen an article on it in a magazine i have, it looks to be a nice axle, but im betting its one of those 400$$ ones too!?!?

well thanks everyone for the advice, thanks alot.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Oh and "Shav0" ......... i notice you use those 2.5 wheels spacers. on the rear right?? how do those hold up, i was thinking about getting a set!!

Old 02-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

adding 3 inches to a blaster isn't alot at all. why wouldn't you wanna go wider?

Old 02-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

PmanX8, Yamaha has made the banshee and blaster so that you can swap parts. You can get a banshee axle and put it right in your stock carrier and use your blaster hubs. It can all be interchanged.
I run with 2.5'''s on the back and 1.5'' on the front for a total of 5 inches wider in the back. It makes it soo nice. You don't feel crunched up anymore and it handles so much better. Going through the trails is alot better as well because you can keep sticking the gears to it without feeling like you are tipping or just power sliding. You can't do alot of jumps with them but for just cruzin around in the pits there great.

Old 02-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hrmm, so i can put my stock blaster hubs on a banshee axle than?? thats great. so when i order a heavy duty axle in the future , than ill just get a standard-banshee fit. and i dont need Anything else right?? awesome. im not looking to make it super-wide. i just want a little more wider than it is now. thanks again for all of the info. you guys really helped out alot.

Quick Reply: Banshee axle question?