Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anybody have a Blaster 200 for their kids

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have a Blaster 200 for their kids

If you have Blaster 200 for your kids: How do they like it? Did you do any mods to make it easier for them. I'm looking for one for my 10 y/o daughter. Any ideas on mods, etc.

Thanks a bunch for any ideas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

I got my blaster when I was 10 and I loved it. I'm not sure what you could do to make it easier for her to ride though.

Old 02-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

I dont have any kids no, But i have a blaster for myself. For your daughter, 10 years old sounds a little young for a blaster too me. Alot of people under estimate the power of this 200cc 2-stroke. The Yamaha people say that It is a great quad for learning how to ride a ATV. I however totally disagree. It is a small and agile quad which is what you are probably looking for, but I just think that it might be too much power for someone like that.

Is this her first ATV?

Old 02-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks guys.

It's not her first. She has been buzzin around on an LT 80. The only drawback to the blaster for her is the manual clutch. I would like an auto clutch I think. I've seen others riding this. I have a guy we ride with whose son has one. I know it definately has power. She is a pretty good learner and rider and knows her limits. She would keep it in the lower gears for a while. Most of here riding would be around here and in the sand until she got use to it and show she can control it. I have seen some minor mods to make it a little wider and longer. I haven't made a final decision yet, but I do like this one.

Old 02-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

In stock form she should be able to handle it, but I would keep a close eye on her the first month or so of riding. I had been riding for 5 years when I got mine.

Old 02-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

My nephews are 11 and 14. They can handle a blaster no problem. The 11 year old likes his dads warrior better than the blaster. Your daughter should be fine. Make her take a safety course, and she should be okay.

Old 02-22-2004, 07:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh ya, absolutely. Safety is number one. She still doesn't ride right now unless I am with her. When I tell her the limits, she follows them or the quad is mine. She hasn't had it taken away yet.
he he.. Sometimes I wish she wouldn't follow them, I love riding the LT80, that thing is a hoot to ride.

She will not go out of second gear until she really gets used to handling it.
She has not been able to take a safety course becasue they will not let kids take it unless they have the "appropraite" size quad for their age. I have, and continue to, do a lot more with her (and her younger bro & sis) than they teach at those courses anyway. I have a really good program for them. It includes everyting, and it's fun.

Thanks guys, keep the info and comments coming. That is why I like this Forum. Everybody has info and experiences to share.

Old 02-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

the 250ex has an automatic clutch, so it would be a lil easier for her to learn on. there is a lil screw on a blaster that you can restrict the throttle openings on. so maybe you could restrict her to 1/2 throttle untill she gets used to it. if you put sum better tires on it(not bubble tires) and make it a lil wider( maybe with sum rims), it will be more forgiving if she makes a mistake.

Old 02-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

The blaster also has a limiter. This way you can keep her going slow and safe. If the bike does seem to small, a set of wheel spacers might keep her alittle more stable.

Old 02-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yup,

Bubble tires go for sure. The have some options to widen it a litle bit also. Thanks guys, I heard it had a throttle limiter, but completely forgot. That is also one of the things I liked.

I looked at the 250ex, but I can't remember what turned me away from it. I looked at the 250ex, Z250, LT160.

I think I just didn't want to go bigger than the 200 for now.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a Blaster 200 for their kids