Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

219 FT LBS???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 219 FT LBS???

Hey Geologist,
With the 11:1 piston, are you running race fuel (100 octane or so)?
I have the 11:1 piston in my Warrior and need race gas to keep it from pinging (also creates more power)

Old 02-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 219 FT LBS???

Originally posted by: Ward660R
I apologise ahead of time for this cheap shot at Dune Me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: DuneMe

Think of it this way. If you race someone that has a 60 HP bike and beat them you can say you only have 48.5 HP and they must be a bad rider [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'ld rather have a larger handicap.
You don't think that you have a big enough one already? You riding a DS has to count for a pretty big handicap.LOL J/K

I deffinately agree with what is being said. Don't try and use your numbers for increasing your ego, because more often than not you'll be let down.
Yep, it's that BIG Handicap that makes me laugh the most. When I pull up next to a Shee that thinks they are all that and I take them off the line and they get further and further behind the whole way down the track or up the hill. . . that just flat A$$ does it for me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default 219 FT LBS???

I didn't get a print out so I can't tell what the numbers are at 5150 but I can guarantee torque and hp are the same. The a/f ratio was 14.7-1 at 1/3 to full throttle and would go lean at idle. The place that did the work assured me the lean idle was nothing to worry about. I was running VP C12 50/50 with 91 pump. I have since tried the VP ultimate four 102 octane which I don't think is worth the extra money. As far as hadicapped braging rights, I can pretty much spank faster quads at the dunes provided the hill is short and the whoops are ugly.