Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

is a banshee the fastest or what!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is a banshee the fastest or what!!!!!

yea 2004LEBANSHEE I know what you mean but it said the carb froze or something

Old 03-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

are u gusy also forgetting the yfz is brand new techknowlagy, the shee is fromt he 80's and basically never cahnged, food for thought there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont think the Yzf is new technology, the motor has been on the dirtbikes for a couple of years.

Old 03-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

are u gusy also forgetting the yfz is brand new techknowlagy, the shee is fromt he 80's and basically never cahnged, food for thought there
so you are saying that because its newer it can beat an older quad?? In stock form yes maybe even with pipes, filter, lid off, jetted, and cam mod to the yfz but when you start modding its not a competition right now and basically by what you said is its old which means there has been more time to get the best performance out of a banshee

Old 03-05-2004, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Just because something is newer doesnt mean it's better. M1911 guys know what I mean [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Trailblazer

you said that the new technology in the yzf is so great I say it is still sad. It has a hard time hanging with, a banshee, 250r, tri-z, or tecate, should I even bring up a quadzilla. these are all 1980s quads and three wheelers and you are bragging on new technology HAHAHHAHAHHAH

Old 03-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

The fact that a 4 stroke can beat a 2 stroke stock for stock is good enough for me....

Sure I could put fifteen F15 Eagle engines in my shee, and strap on one of those lil hula dancing dashboard ornaments, and whoop all that tries to face me!!! (I was gonna install the machine that went "PING!", but then my CD player wouldn't fit... so I had to leave it out.)

The fact of the matter is.... straight from factory.... they yfz is a faster bike....

Old 03-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

I understand that it suppposedly froze. But it was getting killed from the start to the bottom of the hill, even worse then with out noss, and showing no signs of catching up.

As for it being new. This is kinda true. But remember that it cant be bored out like a raptor can. Also there has been tons of different types of mods for 4 strokes in the years, and already just about all of them are offered for the yfz. I mean there are already people boreing it, changeing cam, air intake, Exhaust, ect. I mean sure you could probably put a turbo in it but you could do that to any thing. Basicly what I am saying is it IS an awsome bike for alot of things and the best for MX no doubt. But I really dont believe it will ever be the fastest.

and as for stock verse stock I wouldn't be too happy about being the fastest here because not many shee owners settle for stock.

Old 03-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

here's another vid of a yfz and a quadzilla..... it's just one instance I guess.... zilla

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

your right dude you won. You solved the mystery for us. All yfz are faster then all banshees, and quad zillas. Why is it then when you go to their own site, They on there own site show a yfz race a raptor and wins once by a bike and loses by a bike. I know i will kill a raptor. But you showed the evedence that I'm wrong. I am going to the store today to get a cycle trader today and putting my shee in it. I'm buying a YFZ doing all the mods and going to be happy with 60Hp and a win over a stock banshee.

This is going to be fun. Whe'll even though it wolln't go that fast, I guess I'll still be happy turning safely. YEAH RIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTT!!!!!!

Comon guys its been 17 years beat the dam shee already... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: is a banshee the fastest or what!!!!!