Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Worst Stuck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst Stuck?

What is Everybodys worst Stuck. How bad was it and how did u get stuck, stuff like that.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer
Default Worst Stuck?

my worst stuck was at a Jamboree....i am the type that if someone dares me to do it, I will. So there was this mud hole that me and a lot of people were going through, just beyond this hole there was what looked like another nice spot to get dity. There was this Prarie that went through it, and he had a really really hard time, he tore it all up too. So my buddies told me to go through it. Now i was driveing a 300 Bayou 4x4 (before i bought the wolvy). So i made my way through the swampy mud, i was not doing too bad untill i hit this spot that the Prarie has spun a bunch, I must have made three tire rotations in the mud before it got so thick that my tires wouldn't even spin, and the mud was up to fenders! The worst part was, in order to be rescued others had to go through the first mud hole to get me, two others got stuck trying to get to me. But when they did, it took 4 wenches includeing mine to get me out. It was all in good fun!!! I LOVE GETTING STUCK!! It is even better to pull someone out of a hole that you already went through though!

later

Old 03-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Worst Stuck?

Dang that's really stuck i can't top that.

Worse i've been stuck was riding through a swap area with my Xplorer and it was really bumpy tons of pot holes but they weren't too bad so i kept going. all of the sudden I dropped into a big one, water and muck almost up to the seat. and when i tried to get off and lift the atv out of the muck i would just sink. Lucky i was close to home and had a tractor with a really long tow cable.

Old 03-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Worst Stuck?

Mine was when I first got my warrior and I figured it could go through mud since it had GBC dirt devils on the rear. I went to cross a muddy ditch with a small drop off. As soon as the front end went over the edge it hit the mud and went in about 3 ft deep coming to an instant stop andthrowing me off the bike. It took a pretty good while to get it back out of there and up the bank.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Worst Stuck?

cmon i know more than three people on this forum have got stuck pretty bad. Lets here some stories

Old 03-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default Worst Stuck?

My worst stuck happened during a drought. The lake had dropped about 10 vertical feet which left a great lookin flat area. Looked like a good shortcut across the lake. I was hella wrong. About half way out I stopped to look down the lake to be amazed at the dry lake bed. That's when I found that only about three inches of the lake mud were actually dry with about three feet of quick mud underneath. Sank straight to the bottom, almost cartoon like, although it wasn't very funny at the time, since I had to walk home (2miles) and come back with a truck several ropes and a winch. That was the worst thank goodness. The moral never trust the terrain your on.

Old 03-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Worst Stuck?

that is kind of what happend to me. it looked like just a little mud like the kind u drive through just to have fun, and i get in the middle of it and just sink. it wasnt just mud either it was soup. it was all the way up to my fenders and when i went to get off of my quad my feet sank up to my knees. i had to get pulled out myself. it took two quads to get mine out. a grizzly and a sportsman 500. they almost got stuck to you. it sucks right now cause all the snow just melted and it is wet out so it is tough ridden.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Worst Stuck?

the worst i ever got stuck was during the winter and i was riding across a frozen swamp in my woods when all of a sudden the back tires of my honda fourtrax 250 break through into the muddy water, so i had to get off up to my knees in icy cold water and i was throwing up mud and water in all directions trying to pull it out. soo cold took me maybe a hour to get out still was very fun.

Just a couple days ago my friend brought over his 250 honda recon and there was a area about a 40 foot circle of water because of all the melting snow, so i dared him to fly through. he wanted to get some speed so he took of in third gear and hit the water making him come to a complete stop right in the midddle of it. i thought the water was only 2 feet deep but when he got out there it was over his engine and up to his seat. so he had to get off and pull it back to shore. i still laugh when i remember him hitting the water and stopping so fast that he almost flipped over the handle bars.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Range Rover
Default Worst Stuck?

i was riding my brothers Blaster and i went threw a mudhiole my Raptor can make it threw Np but i usually go on the shallow side =D, well anyways i decide to try the deepside. Now this mud is about 5 feet tall and it comes up to my sholders when i stand. i got doing about 40-45 and hit it.... o ya pain.. threw me off bent the handlebars and then sank like a rock [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. took my raptor a truck a car and my neighbors tractor to get it out =D

Old 03-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Worst Stuck?

My worst stuck wasn't even on a quad, I was on foot. I was duck hunting on a big marsh lake that was mostly dried up. The dry mud was that stuff that looks like clay with big cracks in it. I was in a clump of reeds on the edge of the lake and it was about 75 yards out to the water. The ducks were comming in over my head heading to the water. Well I shot one and by the time it fell it was about 75 yards out. All I had on were wading boots because I didn't plan on getting wet. I was in a hurry to get out and get the duck before any more started comming in, so I was doing one of those crouched over fast walks. About 50 yard out my feet started sinking into the mud and by the time I got to about 10 yards from the duck the mud was about half way up my calf. It was hard to get a foot out to take a step so I figured I better turn around and leave the duck. Well every time I tried to pull one foot out of the mud the other foot would sink deeper. In no time I was up over my knees and water was starting to fill the hole. Every time I tried to move I sunk deeper. I was by myself so nobody could help me and all I could think of is someone was going to come along and I would end up as a video on some Fox TV show. It bacame obvious that I wasn't going to get my boots out with me in them, so I had to lay on the mud and work my feet out of my boots. I couldn't pull the boots out of the mud so I just crawled about 20 yard to a point that I could stand up without sinking and walked about 1/2 mile back to the truck in my socks.
That's my worst stuck.

Quick Reply: Worst Stuck?