Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ cam mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 02:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YFZ cam mod

I was wrong, you retard the exhaust cam 1 tooth.

Old 03-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ cam mod

Over the weekend I had the YZ450F cam in (the dirt bike cam). I did not notice that much of a diffrence. The reason I decided to get the YZ450F cam is because I might end up getting a kick start for it. I did not want any hard starting problems that I have heard of. BUT if you go to ALBA and look at the Kick start kit they recomend the cam mod for the kick start.

Old 03-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default YFZ cam mod

i was just at sand mountain and some guys there told me i should drop my counter shaft sproket to a 13 tooth do you agree? does k&n make just a filter or is it just the pro design intake kit.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ cam mod

Go with the ESR kit. If you dont need a box then its the best for the price.

My buddy put his quad on the dyno. He has a 450r with hrc kit installed. Once he ran his quad on the dyno he was extremely dissapointed to see that the hrc kit had about a 1 or 2 hp gain. I dont have the dyno sheet to show you guys but for those of you that have read my reviews you know i am extremely unbiased. I dont care what quad is faster. Im just stating facts.

So to answer your question yes the cam mod, rejet, and no lid is equal to the hrc kit. The hrc kit is a big waste of money. A 450r owner could easily just ditch his lid instead of running the half of a lid the hrc kit comes with, get a real slip-on, and rejet themselves for a bigger gain.