Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is there a market for custom ATVs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is there a market for custom ATVs?

I have been throwin around the idea of making custom atvs, or customizin atvs, things like custom aluminum bumpers, custom painted plastics or graphics, custom aluminum parts, things of that nature. Is there a market for this?

Old 03-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think with all the bigger companies out there making that stuff, it would be hard to make your own business to get up and run. I know Quad Central is a custom shop, but thats the only one I know of because they've been in Dirtwheels. So you would definately need to get some advertising out. Anyway, I don't think you'll ever get on TDC like the Tuttles with your own "American Quadder" show, but with people on here knowing and liking whatever it is you make, that would be a big help with "Word of mouth" to get your company out there. My .5 cent anyway.

Old 03-18-2004, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

my best bet for ya would be carbon fiber at a much lower cost, along with lighter parts, or a slowly built rep on quality racing quads. as for the bling bling aspect, connect with a group of rappers, and throw them a freeby. one condition, they have to put it in a video, and advertize it on at least 2 shows. the rapper community would go crazy!!!

Old 03-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Is this what your lookin for?

Old 03-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

I would love to see AC style bumpers but with either a nickname, name, or forum name cut into the metal filler plate in big letters instead of just a big bare plate with holes in it. Even I would consider buying one, and I almost never buy anything that dosent make me go faster. I didnt really asnwer your questions though lol, if you want into the market you either have to undercut the competition or come up with something new.