Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help with Raptor Reverse...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Raptor Reverse...

Well heres the deal, I got done doing my oil change, jumped on the bike, put it in reverse, backed out of the garage and rode it around. Nothing fast or hard, just cruising around my house. Anyway, when I parked it I was putting it into nuetral (well trying to) and all of a sudden it hit reverse... I dunno how it did it, I didn't have the **** turned or anything. At first I thought the **** might have had some dirt or mud in it making it stick to the open postition, but no dice, seems to open and close fine. I traced the wire that comes out of the bottom of the **** to the bottom of the tranny, after seeing how it worked, I was turning the **** opening it and closing it, and it was moving completely free. Then I took my finger, pushed the baffle all the way back, pulled in the clutch and downshifted into reverse AGAIN. So basically, whenever I am riding, if I want to, I can just go down and go into reverse without having to turn the ****. Not the way I want my quad to operate when I ride. Please help...

Old 03-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

There is an adjustment on the reverse cable under the engine. Follow the cable from the reverse **** and it goes to a lever near the back brake. Adjust the cable so it's loose at the lever, not falling out loose but plenty of slack. If that cable is just a little too tight, you can shift into reverse without using the ****.

Old 03-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure the cable housing is in the holder that's under the engine all the way, if it is adjust it like UBETRUN said.

Old 03-24-2004, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

Well I'll be damned. Yesterday I was messing with it, and I saw the adjustment, and I was like, no way in hell could a cable tighten itself, normally they stretch ya know... But it did... Freaky.. Thanks guys.