Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Crashed my Raptor, Pics inside. Advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed my Raptor, Pics inside. Advice needed.

They can't cancel your policy for filing a claim. As long as you pay your premiums on time, they can't drop you. There are a couple of things they can drop you for besides not paying like getting your license suspended or a DUI but an insurance company can't drop you because you file a claim.

Your subframe is tweaked, look how much the seat leans. You may get away with just a new subframe but if it's also the frame that's twisted that far, you need a new one.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I would file as well. If they raise your rates too high....go elsewhere. Think about resale ralue if you wanna sell it one day.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Trailblazer

The subframe is not bent, its only the bracket that bolts onto the subframe which holds the plastic. Which I can bend back or get a new one. Thanks for the info on the insurance. Plus the bike rides great, I had no idea the frame had any issues. until I got under it yesterday.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

an insurance company can and infact may drop you for filing a claim, if it feels
you are a risk, it happens all the time, every day.. they won't say its because
you filed that claim, but say mabe your a high risk and raise your premimums
so your forced to get another insurance company.. I would probably file a
claim, and if they do drop you or raise your premimums, go look for another
insurance company..

Old 03-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Trailblazer

Hate to here about your Rappy.

I was at the Local Ridin spot last Wednesday and a guy lost his Banshee of the trailer. He said it was about ten miles before he got there, bent the subframe the axle was bent at 45 degree angle steering stem pushed in to the gas tank and the handle bars were bent to match the contouir of the tank. sheered the front bumper off, and demolished a couple rims. He told me this was to be his first ride on the banshee that he had just purchased it that week.

Your picture from the rear reminded me of the Banshee.

I would also listen to MikeCer
I had State Farm Insurance Until they cancelled me for being so called HIGH RISK I Had one car stolen so they raised my rates then my wifes sisters car got stolen a couple of months later. They cancelled my and my wifes policy, her sister and husbands policy, and there parents policy. Don't ask me why they all they would tell us is that we were high risk. We all had the same agent and none of us lived in the same part of town.

The point is they can cancel your insurance. The good part is there is more than one insurance company out there.

I would find out how much it will cost to fix and if you can do the work, then decide.

Good luck, BallD

Old 03-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Trailblazer

I called my insurance agent and spoke with her, she made a note in the computer so if I do file a claim there will be no questions about when. I am going to get an estamate on the work and decide what to do from there. She told me if I file a claim on this and the work is over 750 it will stay on my record for 3 years with them. If anything else happens in the next 3 years they will cxl the policy. Also i will have a 20 - 30% rate increase for now. Which is not bad because I only pay 180 a year as it is.

Thanks guys.

Old 03-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Watch out, because if you have a car policy through them, it can affect that to......

Old 03-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: jscarbrough
Also i will have a 20 - 30% rate increase for now.q]

the rate increase is "if" you file the claim correct, not because you called seeking information about it right

Old 03-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

They can't cancel your policy for filing a claim. As long as you pay your premiums on time, they can't drop you
Not True.

I filled 2 claims in a year and got dropped. Never late on a payment.

would file as well. If they raise your rates too high....go elsewhere
They will see the claim as well and your premiums will be higher than if you never claimed it. Also there might be a fee for cancelling the insurance before a set period of time.

If your worried about insurance raising. I see frames on ebay for very cheap if you want to go that way. Take it to a professional mechanic to see if it can be fixed. Shop around and pick the best option for you.

Good luck.

Old 03-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hey bud im looking for a new frame as well so if you find one tell me what price you found it for. The cheapest i found one for was 600- and that was at my dealer.

Also if insurance will pay for damages, should i buy it for my 01 rappy and if the tranny breaks can i file a claim? then the next year get a new company?

Quick Reply: Crashed my Raptor, Pics inside. Advice needed.