Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee or raptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee or raptor

Stock for stock the raptor has a slight higher top speed. The shee will get the raptor in a drag race though. but it is close big bore 2 stroke and big bore 4 stroke.

Old 03-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I out ran a stock raptor with my shee it only has a K&N right now(it will have more then that by next summer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

The guy that bought my scrambler brought his Shee with him, 404cc hemi head,CPI pipes and more...

I didn't ask what gearing he was running i should have, his trail tech said his highest speed was 91.4MPH i cant say for sure if thats true, all i can say is i couldn't keep the front end down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quads can go pretty fast if you got the HP to pull the gearing, look at the shee its engine came right off the RZ 350 street bike, i know that went faster then 100mph so, with mods the Banshee can be very fast...

Old 03-29-2004, 09:59 PM
FMF
Pro Rider

Stock for Stock I have seen the Banshee beat the Raptors and the Raptors beat the Banshee. But Mod for Mod it is all Banshee.
I Have had my Mod Banshee up to 98.9 MPH on a Cop Radar gun when he was Chasing me done the rode.

Old 03-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

it all depends what kinda surface you are racing on and how long

if you are racing on dirt than the raptor should win because it hooks up better but if you are racing on the road the banshee should win in a certain distance but the raptor will catch it and pass it because of the higher top speed

Old 03-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DieScarred
[
96MPH.... Ha.[/quote]

I run up to these speeds easly and quickly and find myself looking for another gear to shift into. I currently run 16/40 sprokets, and run on pump fuel. I think I'm going to have to start selling my port work.

Old 03-30-2004, 12:42 AM
MrG
Trailblazer

hey hiram what all did you port ? did you do this yourselve? Im thinking about porting my reed cages but dont have a clue how. On banshee hq this guy sells his porting and he gets alot of business.

Old 03-30-2004, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider

Mr.G I ported everthing just about everthing the reed cages, intake, exhaust, transfer tunnels, transfer tunnel port windows and even the case is port matched. I'm doing a freinds jugs right now, I'll post a picture in my gallery, my camara really stinks, but later I will post with a good camara as to see more detail.

Old 03-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Trailblazer

Hey FMF... You were clocked by Cop radar WHILE you were being chased?? Impossible! You can't clock something on speed radar moving in the same direction as the unit itself. He may have paced you with his car speedo or the unit speed on the moving radar unit, but he did not clock your bike. Besides a radar gun is a stationary unit and can't be used while the police vehicle is in motion. It would have to have been a moving unit with the target vehicle moving towards it.

Old 03-30-2004, 07:58 PM
MrG
Trailblazer

i saw your pictures, but still lost. Where did you learn this from; im interested in doing some porting on my own

Old 03-30-2004, 08:20 PM
FMF
Pro Rider

He was setting back off in the woods where I could not see Him. So he was not Moving I just worded it wrong.

Quick Reply: banshee or raptor