Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004 | 05:07 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default blaster problems

found the connector to the TORs box it was disconnected, when I plug it in kills the spark completely. I'm stumped. I did help the previous owner replace the primary ignition coil under the flywheel about a year ago so I don't think thats it. Could the TORs box be bad?

Old 03-28-2004 | 05:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster problems

is it pluged in where the tors is attachd to the carb? on the tors (thing that is attached to the carb cap) it is pluged in there as well. Check that connection as well.

if that dosnt work then you might need to purchase a tors removal kit and get rid of that crap. thats what i had to do.

Old 03-28-2004 | 05:57 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default blaster problems

Both switches were connected, I unplugged both switches and used alligator clips to jumper both of them, after that I was able to plug in the TORs box without it killing the spark but it still wouldn't climb above a very poor idle. It didn't seem to matter whether the TORs box was plugged in or not....If I could only find my BIG hammer....arggggg

Old 03-28-2004 | 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster problems

take it off.
buy a kit and remove it, its just plain garbage.
Is your cable working?

A buddy of mine had a problem like yours and it was because the cable was fetching up inside and not alowing the needle to move past 1/4 throttle. take the side panels off the side off the toRS and see if the cables are working. There is 2 cables on the blaster throttle. The throttle cable links to the tors and then there is another cable inside the tors ontop of the carb that attcahes to the plunger. By taking off the side pannels you can see if both cables are working. One of them might be messed up and not allowing the needle to move

try this,
let me know how it works out.

Old 03-29-2004 | 09:10 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default blaster problems

Pulled the side cover off the TORs box and everything was connected, I can see the slide and needle moving up and down (got the air box off at the moment). I read in another thread that if compression is 125psi or lower I should consider a top end rebuild, checked compression and got right at 125psi, what is normal compression? Could this by my problem? By the way, this is one fast moving board, had to search several pages to find my thread from yesterday! lol

Old 03-31-2004 | 05:53 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default blaster problems

Going to work on the blaster after work this afternoon, I'm wondering what the resistance should be for the primary ignition coil, and is there anything in the magneto I should check, it is just a magnet passing over the coil windings isn't it? Like I said earlier I jumpered both switches in the TORS system and it still just barely idles. It sounds like it is only firing every third stroke or so. Any ideas? anyone?

Old 03-31-2004 | 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster problems

hows the plug?
Is it bogging out when you try to rev it up? or just doing nothing at all.
Does it sould like it is trying to rev?

Old 03-31-2004 | 06:18 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default blaster problems

Tried several new plugs, it's not even trying to rev. I have the air box off and even if I spray starting fluid in there (I know big no no) It produces no change in rpm. This is what leads me back to a spark related issue. Best I can describe is it just goes rump rump rump, barely an idle.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2004 | 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster problems

humm, thats wierd.
Have you tested the eletrical stuff? coil and all?

Old 03-31-2004 | 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster problems

Look on top of the TORS box on top of the carburator. (make sure you have all the tors pluged in first) There should be a screw that you can see when you take off your seat and look down at the tors. Screw it in while it is idling, does that change the idle at all? It should start to idle higher and higher with the more you screw it in

Quick Reply: blaster problems