Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust setup for YFZ??

Ridley, have you heard anything about Rossier Engineering's pipes? Rossier Eng

Old 03-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Range Rover

ive seen a yfz with a sparks on it and it sounded really good (for a four stroke) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol j/p. btu yea my dad was about 5-600 yards away and he could still hear it perfect lol. and that quad was really fast too. but yea it was a really nice setup. check it out. does anyone know how to make something highlighted and make it send you to a website. thanx

Old 03-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
Here's my personal choices in order and why

carbon pro WB- 4.5lbs complete- huge bottom, mid, gains and matches almost every pipe in over rev gain as well-ama legal
Pro circuit Ti4- super light, good midrange, affordable- ama legal
Yoshi Ti and carbon- light, good gains, SA compatable-ama legal
HMF ballance series- decent gains, fairly light ???ama legal????
Thunder alley- great gains- a bit heavy- bit loud
ESR- same deal- looks monsterous in size but good pipe
Sparks- good gains but heavy at 8+ lbs- doesn't meet ama DB rating of 95 DB that more than likely will be in effect next season.
baldwin/ hmf/ hetrick- good gains, essentisally same pipe- heavy, decent gains
TC- best bottom- obnoxiously loud

A good thing to remember is the current DB limit for the ATVA is 99DB, that will likely be dropped to the dirt bikes limits of 95 for next season. Few really good exhausts meet this limit. For some, it's irrelevant, so choose accordingly. Price also wasn't a factor in my choices, what a couple hundred bucks anyways. Short change with money here and your stuck with extra weight that 1000$ worth of titanium bolts won't erase.
Do you know anything about the Jardine RT4 ?

This exhaust provided the most horsepower according to Dirt Bike rider performance evaluations of aftermarket pipes on the YZ450F.

Not only max horsepower but low end matched the GYT-R and it is lighter than the full GYT-R carbon system. Also, it produced the best horsepower after max (at 9500 rpm) to the limiter. I think it maxed out at 49.7 on the YZ450F.

I'll have mine next week and will test it out in Glamis over Easter weekend.

Old 03-30-2004, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

mnrap, let me know how the pipe is. Ive been looking to get one for mine and have narrowed it down to, sparks, ron woods or jardine, or the wb e series

Old 03-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

How about the www.tlcracing.biz pipe that claims 17.5 increase in hp. Do you guys have any info on that one. I posted another thread asking about and everyone thinks its bull. Just wondering.

Also im interested in the white brothers e series head pipe with the new e2 silencer. I havn`t found anyone that knows anything about the e series pipe and silencer. The e2 is suppose to have the same hp as the e series just quiter.

Old 03-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

17.5 HP out of a pipe? PA-LEEEEEEEZ!

Looks kind cool though.

Old 03-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, it's a good pipe. My only concern with that one is the weight. Pretty much though, the gains from all the pipes will be similar. Pick one that you think looks good and you'll be happy with it. If racing rules don't apply, and you want a mean sounding exhaust for a great price, get the TC racing exhaust. It's one of the lightest aluminum exhausts, it's a shorty design, looks sweet, and is louder than most airplanes. There's no meaner sounding exhaust on the planet. Here's the picture. Check em out TC exhaust

Thanks for mentioning Tc racing i can`t believe i had forgotten about Tc. He was the man a few years ago in the 4 stroke classes. He does some awesome engine work and his pipes work great also. They have great bottom and mid power. I use to have several friends that rode 4 stokes that TC built and thier bikes were fast. I ordered my pipe from him today it should be here friday or monday i`ll let you guys know how it works.

Old 03-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

ESR-Only pipe to get for drags, mid-top pipe
Sparks-Good allaround pipe
TA-Can make a ESR style topend pipe or a better bottem pipe then the Sparks, He builds them to YOUR needs...

Old 03-31-2004, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I read that same article and it looks pretty promising. Let me know how it works out. I'm stuck on the carbon pro myself, it outperformed all the other pipes by leaps and bounds on the crf450 shootout I saw, plus it's by far the best looking pipe imo. Price sucks though. Could never find a test with it on the yz450 though.
where did you see the CRF450 shootout?

Old 03-31-2004, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

I was expecting to get the GYT-R alluminum pipe. There not so pricey, and they look sick. But I haven't heard much about them, should I turn back now before I get it?? What are you suggestions guys, Ill be on the track, trail, and sand.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust setup for YFZ??