Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Great Glamis weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Glamis weekend!

Well, what can I say except I had another great day of riding at Glamis this weekend. It was awesome on Saturday. Weather got a bit warm but nothing too bad under the shade. The sun was shining brightly and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. Since we decided to stay for just a day, we sure did get our money's worth of riding. We were riding non-stop all day. I took some more pictures so I'll post those as soon as I get the film developed.

I did go up against a few quads this time around. I went up against a few 450R's and YFZ's up olds. I got blown away by both.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now I don't have the fastest quad in the world but I thought I'd do a bit better than that. Those things holeshot like crazy. I was having a problem shifting though. I was riding with riding boots for the first time and I had a hard time getting the darn thing into 2nd. On one of my trips up olds the allen screws that hold the radiator cover vibrated right off. I noticed the cover bouncing all around so I slowed down and right when I did the darn thing fell off. Luckily if fell in between my tires so I didn't run it over. Had to ride around the rest of the day without it. I did race a couple of R's and YFZ's on the flats and we traded wins there. They'd holeshot me each time but I'd catch em' and pass em' eventually. There were also a few YFZ's that seemed highly modified. Those things were just killing everything out there. There was only a couple of Shee's that could keep up and sometimes win. Those really depended on who got the better holeshot.

I saw saw a few raptors with the LTE dual pipes. They looked and sounded pretty sweet. Performance wise, they were doing pretty darn good. I don't know what other mods they had, but if they just had your basic mods, they were kicking butt. I saw them dragging on the flats where they usually came in first or second against Banshee's, YFZ's and DS's. Every DS I saw out there this weekend was slow, I don't think a single one of them won a drag on the flats. Everything out there was killing them except the 400's. Another thing I noticed was that not many of the 450r's wanted to go up against any YFZ's or Banshee's or Raptor's. I wonder why???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Only one bad thing happened this weekend. A friend of my friend's took a minor spill. He was riding a lightly modified LT250. Luckily nothing serious. Just a little eye opener for him not to get too crazy. I think he broke our record for quickest accident. He crashed about 5 minutes in. Unfortunately later that day he was riding his brother's rappy and I guess he didn't learn his lesson the first time. We were all cresting a dune and I was behind him. I noticed he wasn't slowing down and I hoped it was flat on the other side. It wasn't. When I got over the side everything seemed fine. He was stopped on the other side just sitting there. I went over to him and noticed blood dripping down his shirt. He took off his helmet and he had gashed the bottom of his chin. Apparently when he went over he had a pretty rough landing and hit his chin on the bars. He was fine though. We taped him up and went on. He needed stiches though.

I kept my eyes open for ATV connection members out there, but without some kind of sign you really can't tell who is who. Next time I think I'll make a big card board sign with "Any ATV connection members" written on it and hold up so ya'll can see me. Well, it was a great weekend, maybe next time I'll get to meet some of you. Well peace!

Old 03-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like a great day of riding. I know you had to have had a great time.

Old 03-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a great trip, I can't wait to get out there. You should PM Smitty911 and get a couple ATV Connection Dune Flags. If everyone gets one it would be a lot easier to find each other. I think they're $5 and the money goes back to the forum. What a deal.

Old 03-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Ill have my atv connection flag on soon for the next ride,so look out for ut next time your at Dumont or glamis for sure, I have an all black craycraft raptor,black rims..

Old 03-30-2004, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider

this past saturday was my first time up to glamis, parked at the second road (road after gecko i think) it was pretty high. i usually ride gordons or buttercup, me and my friend tagged along withsome guys and went to hill 5, china wall is it? later once we were there one of they guys that took us, dislocated his shoulder launching off the top of the hill.(jumped 76ft pretty nice jump i may add, rough landing). seemed very painfull , now i know i will never forget what a shoulder popping back in place sounds like. later went to the drags not many people. ( really fast YFz and A raptor that kept winning all the time over other quads) thats was my day up there. planing on goin up there more often itss way better that gordons and buttercup, glamis is huge!

where can i get one of those flags too?
I think i was teh only one with the trail tech HID's on my raptor too. they look bitching

Old 03-30-2004, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider

I had a great weekend too, to bad we missed each other, something that catches the forum members eye.

Old 03-30-2004, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

daa, WE NEED SOMETHING THAT CATCHES THE FORUM MEMBERS EYE sorr bout that

Old 03-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

The ATV Connection Flags are avalible at Flags

Thanks

Smitty

Old 03-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

I got my flags yesterday. Good quality and very distinctive. Should be easy to spot. Now all I need to do is get out of this damn snow.

Old 03-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Range Rover

(INSEARCHOFDUNEZ)

I'm glad you liked glamis. I told you that I was going but my bike wasn't ready. I mean it was but we turned it on and the head gasket was not sealed right. So I took it back in I am probaly gonna go break it in to gorman. Well I'm glad you like it when are you gonna head up there again? Was it hot up there?

Quick Reply: Great Glamis weekend!