Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How do you guys think i'll match up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you guys think i'll match up?

i got my butt handed to me when i was just piped and no lid by a raptor that had about the same mods your about to do.

Old 03-31-2004, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Am I gonna need a extended Swingarm? The Raptor was wheelie happy with just the pipe and, Jets and, K&N. I hope not, i like to be able to do all kinds of riding w/ my quad, having a ext swing will take the handling away!

Old 03-31-2004, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer

If you don't mind me asking how much are you spending on all of those mods?

Old 03-31-2004, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Whell it all comes down to the porting of the banshee' s and the jetting. If done buy a good shop such as DynoEdge You can get a mild trail port for $300 that with pipes, milled head $30, Timeing advance Free, and a filter that will average at 62HP. For agressive port its $450 and makes an average of 72HP. However if it was an at home job then who knows. But if done right on a correct set up with a good driver your gonna need some more $$$$$$ and more modding. Just be happy with the gains you get because it's not worth it to stess out about beating a banshee. Honestly in the end the odds are agenst you.

So yes there are plenty of 350cc's shees that pull 75 Hp. Its not that hard or that much $$$$.

Also curious how much did you spend on your nike. Hope it wasn't too much.

Old 03-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

I don't expect the worlds fastest Raptor, just some thing to surprize (and, beat) some of the fast banshee guys. Thier is not one more thing i could do beside go bigger after what i'm having done so it better be real fast or, i'll be pissed!By the way my friends have their porting done by Trinity.

Old 03-31-2004, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

If when they said that they have a stage IV porting and that is a stage IV kit, I'd be on my " A " game If I were you. Trinity has been around for years and it's not because they make junk. They should have 70 Hp with that kit, which is more then you will and they weigh less. If there on you could still be getting beat on. Try to race on loose dirt. I certianly wouldn't go on the street. Don't let other people fool you who have bored out raptors that say they can beat modded banshee's, if the shee is set up right with a good port there not. Banshee's didn't get there rep from being slow when modded. I think if there good riders and jetted correctly you will lose. But who know's try it and see. It can't hurt. Good luck!

Old 03-31-2004, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

OMG, I hope what happened to me doesn't happen to you. After I did my 686 kit on my 2003 Raptor with everthing port, polish, cam, springs, piston ect... I ran real good and I was killing all the Raptors in my area and took out a few piped YFZ's on top end, so I decided to race with the big boys (heavly modded DS's and Banshee's) and I got wooped so bad every time and against everyone of them,so I sold the darn thing after that and taking one ride on my buddy's Banshee.I now own a 2004 Banshee that is piped and ported by me and I have never been happier with a quad I have less than a $1,000 of mods into it and it is arm ripping dangerous!!!!! Good Luck it's alot of cash for minimal results IMO, you will be top dog as long as you keep an open mind and know that it's so easy to get those 2 stroke bikes running with high HP #'s so don't be disapointed it's almost unfair sometimes to try and run against some of those high HP Banshee's.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

Hiram no offense but your bike was not tuned right, i had the mildest set up and never felt like that once, yea there are bikes that beat you but nobody was killing me to where i would sell the bike ....I can only tell you that my friend sixsixt had my bike tuned real nice and i cant wait to be pushing over 70HP on the next build i hope, well se what happends when i line up again,,

Old 03-31-2004, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I can almost guarantee that those Shees will beat you...I built mine up to beat banshees too and I do, in fact I beat most of them. But when they are setup like that it's almost impossible to beat them in a drag with anything except a banshee. Don't get me wrong though my Rappy freakin rips and it was worth the money by far! Take them out to ride on trails...the powerbands on those drag banshees are uncontrollable in that situation...pretty much after you mod a banshee that much you can only drag it. Thats the main difference from a shee and rappy, one is still ridable and the other isn't. I NEVER see banshees like that on the trails, just on the flats and on the hill...

Old 03-31-2004, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Thier Banshees seem to do everything pretty well. They have a few sputters now and, then but for the most part we ride everything from Dunes to Light Mx to Trailing and, no problems. Maybe thier bikes are not as built as you are assuming. They have a bunch done but nothing extreme. That means = They are all Mine at the sand Drags! Sweet!

Quick Reply: How do you guys think i'll match up?