Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who has the Craycraft 730 Kit on there Rappy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has the Craycraft 730 Kit on there Rappy?

How do you like it and why did you choose it over the Trinity 727 Kit...

Old 04-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

I dont. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Range Rover

How do you like the 727 kit... ?

Old 04-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

i like it.

Old 04-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Range Rover

What is the turnaround time when you ship out your motor and when it gets back to you... And how is the installation?

Old 04-13-2004, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

im not sure i live about an hour from curtis sparks and we drove our motor to trinity so didnt have to ship it. sparks waiting list is about a year dunno trinitys or craycrafts. took takes us about 45 mins to put the motor back and get it started.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

i dont know about the 727 but my 686 wasent to bad when it was mild, lets see whats it's like when it;s wild..LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] To Be cont.....

Old 04-13-2004, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider

I chose Craycraft over Trinity simply due to reputation. Craycraft racing has superb customer service skills bar none!!! I'll go to Craycraft for the rest of my life period.

As far as my bike, It's about 2 weeks or so from being completed.

Old 04-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

Raptor660Fam...

I will not argue that Craycraft are really nice guys, their customer service is awsome, and their engine work seems to be top notch.... BUT I have to ask when it comes to "reputation" can you really compare Carycraft to Trinity? One day maybe you will but right now you can mention Trinity just about anywhere to anyone that knows quads or bikes and they will know of Trinity (and 90% of the time say good things). As for Craycraft they are a "young" company that isn't as busy as Trinity and doesn't yet have the name. I just think that one day we will be talking about how Craycraft USED to be such good customer service (it will go down as their business goes up)! I hope this isn't true, but it ususally is!

On the other hand I do get aggrivated trying to get in touch with Trinity and get mad when its been two weeks and they still don't reply to tech question e-mails, but then I just go out and hit the gas on the 727 and think to myself (MONEY WELL SPENT)!!!

Just trying to talk and NOT start an argument. I would like to state again I WILL NOT say anything bad about Craycraft!

Later,
Drag-N

Old 04-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raptorman, that is a good point. However, trinity's reputation has been built on their 2 stroke engine builds and products. They are known around the country for thier banshees, zillas, and other high hp 2 strokes. They have a spotty reputation with the 4 stroke crowd. They have turned out some mean raptors and z's, but have also fallen short on a few as well. I will not doubt that harry and his staff are well trained pros and that they do a good job. The question that many of us have been left with is if they ALWAYS do a good job on 4 strokes. Many people have had problems with these bikes in the past. The trinity owners have been pretty quiet on these pages for quite a while now.

Craycraft is just a fledgling. They have a lot of experience, just not all in atv's and small engines. They didnt exist as a serious company when the raptor even came out. Bob has a great staff as well, but the long term has not been proven. He is building his first 730's this month, with ernie getting pretty much the first off the line. Trinity has been making 727 raptors for years. Craycraft has seen numerous engines detonate, almost all due to a poorly desinged JE piston. Trinity uses JE pistons specially made for the company and has not had these problems for the most part.

When all is said and done there isnt a clear case for either company. Trinity is the powerhouse with questionable quality. Craycraft has a good rep, but is new to the scene. Its really up to the consumer. Just talk to the companys and see who you like better. Factor that in with price, turnaround, features, etc. Then throw in the forum input for good measure and make up your mind.

Quick Reply: Who has the Craycraft 730 Kit on there Rappy?