Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Trinity Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2000, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just like to share my experience with Trinity Racing. I know a lot of people on this board have had either this or that problem with trinity. I found my over all experience to be very fair however, and the performance gain I got was incredible. I will say Joann is very helpful, however some of the tech guys weren’t the best. I don’t think someone who isn’t rather knowledgeable about engine rebuilding should attempt the type of upgrade I did, as a lot of the rebuild is time consuming and isn’t for the beginner engine rebuilder. I would say I would spend the $1400.00 all over again, and I wouldn’t hesitate to do it with trinity. Mods in sig file.. and trust me.. this is the fast banshee I’ve ever seen.

Old 07-21-2000, 04:25 PM
Range Rover

My buddy just got the Trinity 420 Long Rod Kit this summer. This motor is AMAZING! On a gravel road, you can shift as fast as possible, and the engine is alrealy revved for the next gear.
However, Trinity is poor at meeting deadlines. They were about 2 months late with this motor. That would have been fine, but when we called, they actually gave us a delivery date. When this day passed, the gave us another one a few weeks later. They did this three times. They really need to get their shipping in order.

But in the end, the motor still rocks!

Old 07-21-2000, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

I had mine shipped in and returned in less than 3 1/2 weeks, and that includes ship time of 6 days. They were one day late on the ship date I was quoted, and JoAnn apologized to me, she was out sick the day my order should have shipped.

As far as the engines I will say they rock , I have the short rod kit, as it's supposed to have more torque on the low end, and I didn't want to split my crank. But I couldn't be happier )

Old 07-21-2000, 05:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DId either of you guys have to get your crank welded? I am thinking about stepping up this winter(so delays in shipping wont be a problem) or is this included in the price?

Any other advice would be appreciated. What about reliability?

Thanks,

RoostKing...

Old 07-21-2000, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Roost...
I didn't have my crank welded, but mine was in bad shape so I ordered a new Wiseco Crank (yes they make cranks) with "Hot Rod" rods in it. It was 399 plus shipping from Magic Racing. It has ALL new bearings, and the seals are like $15 more. I paid 422 with shipping.

Reliability, I have no idea yet. My best friend has had his done since February of this year, with out a single problem yet. He's still on his factory crank, and his banshee is an 89.

1 thing I will say. Get a pro design water pump impellor. They make a TON of difference and really help with over heating by moving more water into the bigger head. I wouldn't do it without one of these, my buddies bike over heated a lot, so he upgraded the pump impellor and not a single problem since. I've had my aftermarket impellor for some time and I've never over heated either, but I haven't gotten to really beat on the 420 kit yet.

I was told by trinity you can go 20, 40 and 60 over on the big bore kit, (but not 80 or 100). So you'll have 3 bores then a resleeve. Not a big issue in my mind.

Just my $.02

Old 07-22-2000, 03:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Has anyone talked to Harry lately? Everytime I had a tech ? or product ?, he was the only person I talked to. He's a real cool, down to earth guy. Very professional and never tried to sell me something I didn't want/need.

Old 07-24-2000, 01:27 PM
Trailblazer

My motor is a trinity Stage IV 409 longrod, with a set of 34 pj's on alchy. I have to say that i am fairly happy with the motor (although i think i am putting a different set of cylinders on it this winter with a new prting design that isn't from trintiy) but i would agree with most people on here that their customer service sucks. I have been waiting for three months for their custom alcohol needles to fix the other "custom" alcohol needles that ran like s**t. I also ordered a whole set of marvin shaw's from them, and when i get the shipment 2 days before the big 4th of july trip to the dunes, only the front ones are in the box, i called marvin shar direct to fix that problem...good motors (at least mine, it is a couple of years old and i have also heard their motors have gone downhill since) but the service sucks.