Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

will a banshee suit me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a banshee suit me?

im a little over 6 foot, weigh 135, and im 15

i will be riding on streets mostly, feilds, and maybe the occasaional trail.

i need something that will last and wont require a lot of work

Old 04-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

well, banshee is a great quad to work and learn about engines on. its really fast and decent on trails. but, it is a screamer 2 stoke and requires some care. if this is what u will be riding in, id get a large 4stroke-raptor or z400

Old 04-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XxYamahaQuads
look into a 4 stroke.

Old 04-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Range Rover

Yea, i got a raptor and it is a very nice trail quad, i will even sell it to ya, and fun to ride in open stretches and stuff, i live in the middle of farm land, so i ride across fields and thru the woods and everything, it's suspension is a dream for trail, and it is fast. everybody i know that has banshees says that they are not fun to ride unless u are in dunes and that sutff out west, they are terrible hill climbers, and they guzzle gas like u wouldnt believe, my raptor i can ride all day on a tank of gas, and sometimes have enuf to ride the next day a little bit.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

Just ask your self this question? Do I have a big set of *****. If yes get a shee and mod the hell out of it. If not get a 4 stroke and get smoked.

After reading this reply I dont even know where to start. yamahatheonlyway
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] What in the heck are you talking about? The craptor suspension is garbage. Just be happy it has a 660cc engine. If it had a 400cc engine it would be the biggest flop yamaha ever made. 660cc's and its slower then a poor lil 1970 350 2 stroke. If you think it is a dream for going fast on trails then you have know idea what fast is. try pushing harder and that thing will tip over. A terrible hill climber???? Have you ever rode a shee? As for gas he is correct I get no gas milage. But If i cared about gas milage I would of bought utility. I'm here to fly.

Old 04-15-2004, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

banshee, a horrible hill climber? wow, sounds like someone ate their stupid-flakes this morning

Old 04-15-2004, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

I just wanna know where you heard the shee is a terrible hill climber. Just to lete u know the shee is a 5 star climber. there must be something wrong with your shee if u think there terrible climbers. No beef by the way just thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

Old 04-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hozed
Originally posted by: XxYamahaQuads
look into a 4 stroke.
rofl couldnt have been answered any better....

Old 04-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Trailblazer

definitely stay away from 2-strokes...
get a 400ex, z/kfx400, or raptor

raptors, shee's, or any 400's are awesome hill climbers...
If you can't climb any hill on a shee, get a dirt bike, cause u don't belong on 4 wheels

Old 04-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Range Rover

alright u guys. no need to get all mad at me. i have rode banshees, and a few of my friends have them, and yes, they say that they are terrible hill climbers. My raptor has a +5 axle on it, and the front end is widened, so i dont tip over that easy, stock raptors arent too good for anything. but once u get the stance widened out, it is a praty nice machine but like everybody says, they are preaty top heavy, and tha is why i want a lower profile 2 stroke, i had a blaster and i had that thing to where it could fly, but then i got sick of rebuildin it every month. both the banshee and raptor are fast, im not saying either are slow, but i guess the raptor powerband is more manageable than a twin banshee, im not sayin i cant handle it, i would love to have one, but i live out where there isnt any need for all that banshee power.

Quick Reply: will a banshee suit me?