Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor not to bad in mud

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor not to bad in mud

Today was my first mud test with my raptor. I've had it about 3 weeks now and most of my riding has been in my yard and *cough down the road.. wait i didn't say that last part. ha.. anyway, i took it over to my uncles and found some mud in his woods. I used to have a honda rubicon and it did a great job in this same area i was in. It didn't take me long to be covered in mud, but it did a pretty awsome job in my opinion.. it wasn't that deep but it was more than i though it could handle. I thought i was stuck about 2 times but all i had to do was give it a little more gas and it started moving again.

Old 04-19-2004, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

I would disagree with you, I think that stock a Raptor sucks in mud. You can be throwing a roost in fourth or fifth, but its too heavy and too small of tires to go anywhere. With some mud tires it would be a different story though.

Old 04-19-2004, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

i totally agree with farmstud, the stock tires are absolute CRAP for mud, slap on a good pair and itll be a whole new bike in the mud...

Old 04-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Range Rover

Well I disagree with both of you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. We use to take our stock raptors to Azusa California and they were heck of good in mud. Went through mud like nothing puddles we used to play out there like we were 4x4's. It was so much fun I don't take my raptor anymore because now it's modified but stock we use to F**k around in them like crazy. Theres nothing better than to have a stock raptor for fun. But when you spend more thatn 5,000 on it you definetly won't want to take it in the mud[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Trailblazer

Might go ok in mud. Take it in the water and let us know how that goes! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer

I'm not saying it is a mud machine. It just did a heck of a lot better than i thought it would. Granted, if you put mud tires on anything it will be a whole new bike. I didn't plan on using it in mud since i did spend $6000 for it like you said. I just had to give it the test. And really it all depends on your location on what kind of mud you have. It can vary quite a bit.

Old 04-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MissMasterBlaster
Might go ok in mud. Take it in the water and let us know how that goes! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
ive took mine through water up to the fenders...no problems except replacing fawking bearings

Old 04-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Yamaha4eva
ive took mine through water up to the fenders...no problems except replacing fawking bearings
Wow you are lucky. Every raptor that Ive seen go in the water... wouldnt run for at least 2 hours. I've been planning on getting the 350... but I dont know about the whole water thing. Im over here in Pennsylvania and we do alot of crossing streams and water filled mud holes since it rains constantly here.

Old 04-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Well I live in Puerto Rico and boy these are huge mud holes so if you did try those stockers here you aint getting nowhere. If I were to spend $6000 I would defenetly put it to use anywhere.

Old 04-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

MissMasterBlaster[/b][/i]
Wow you are lucky. Every raptor that Ive seen go in the water... wouldnt run for at least 2 hours. I've been planning on getting the 350... but I dont know about the whole water thing. Im over here in Pennsylvania and we do alot of crossing streams and water filled mud holes since it rains constantly here.
The 350 is more like the Warrior, which I've never seen have that problem with deep water.

And I too think the 660 sucks in mud......since one always gets stuck trying to follow my little $3000 Polaris!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: raptor not to bad in mud