Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My Raptor enters it's first race and....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Raptor enters it's first race and....

I won't even be riding it. As you all know, Pudljumpr's YFZ 450 blew up a few weeks ago and parts are on backorder. His first race is this weekend so I'm letting him ride my Rappy so he does not lose a lot of points via a DNF no show.

We switched tires and wheels and thats about it. He has spent some time in the saddle and tweeked the suspension to his liking. We will see how he does.....so far they are getting along fine. Besides, what are friends for?

03 black and red Raptor
IMS direct shifter
PRM rear grab bar
Maxxis Razrs

Old 04-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

You are a good man Charlie Brown. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol You/He will have to let us know how he liked the raptor.

Old 04-29-2004, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

It lived....more then I can say for some. It was at Iowa's first race of the new Iowa harescramble series held at Indianola, (The Farm MX track). It was crazy. Rained alot during the night before so it was muddy, so much in fact they had to stop the race after the first lap to re-route the track, it was too muddy for most 2-wheel drives, others got lost. The hills were HUGE!

Pudljumpr ran in the A 'Pro' class which consisted of about 12 YFZ's, 6 Honda 450's, and one Raptor......mine! Some of the YFZ's had $20,000 plus invested. My Raptor is stock, just a skid plate, tires, and IMS shifter, (which bent, I have a Pro Design billet alum. on the way).

He was mid-pack during the dead-engine start holeshot. This was a two hour race....lots of flat tires and skid plates getting ripped off. In the end, he finished right in the middle of the placing. Considering the stock Raptor front shocks and both brakes were junk after a 2 hour race, he did very well. And nothing broke!

Hopefully he gets his parts in soon. Engine cases are bockordered. I know he is ready for District 23 racing! Until then....he's riding mine!

03 black and red Raptor
PRM grab bar and rear skid
Pro Design shifter
Razrs

Old 04-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Your a good man... Your a good man.. Hope everything works out well!

Old 04-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

What was kinda funny was watching Honda 450's kicking there machines to life on the starting line. Most guys had it down to a science....those who didn't sat there and kicked, and kicked, and kicked some more. You could see them cussing under there breath.

Once running they ran fine..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

03 black and red Raptor
PRM brab bar and rear skid
Pro Design billet shifter
Razrs

Old 05-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Range Rover

Well watching that race was quite a sight. So have you heard anymore on the Race situation? We all breathed a sigh of relief when your machine came in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]! From the looks of the turn out the Iowa Harescramble's are off to a decent start.

Old 05-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

Another week gone by and still no YFZ engine cases. Pudljumpr ran my Raptor again on Sunday at the first District 23 harescramble. He pulled a good 6th place finish in A class. Once again....a very stock Raptor was going up against some sweet tricked out YFZ's, 450r's, 400Ex's....ect.

All I can say is.....if his YFZ is still in the shop in two weeks when his next race is, heads are going to roll!

BTW.....how did that DS 650 pass the 98 db's sound test anyway.....right Bob B?

03 black and red Raptor
Maxxis Razrs

Old 05-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

sucks pudl hasnt got the 450 togehter yet. o well.. i was curious how the race turned out.. and how he did.. but i know now he finished it on a raptor.

Old 05-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

The problem with going to all these races is....I see a lot of tricked out quads, and it makes me want to buy more toys for my Raptor! Stock is no fun![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It's been fun watching Pudl beat on my Rappy, I just hope he gets his YFZ back soon before too much of the racing season is over.

03 black and red Raptor
Maxxis Razrs

Old 05-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

I thought he still had his Predator. Did he sell it?

Quick Reply: My Raptor enters it's first race and....