Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 01:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***

HEY SPEEDY2222, YOU FLIPPED YOUR WARRIOR YOUR FIRST TIME OUT AND I'M THE DUMB @$$ ?!?!?!

Old 05-05-2004, 02:47 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
srry but youyr a DU MB@$$ ios u do it and TURN YOUR F(_)CKING CAPS OFF!!!!!! GOD!!!
somebody is cranky
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer

don`t listen to anybody that says it is not worth it.if this is what you want to do than go for it.being "unique" is cool in its own right.just because someone does not want to take the effort of doing what your wanting doesn`t mean it can`t be done.this is my first post on this forum....i actually came here to find out if anyone had done what i`m starting to do on my blaster to find problem areas when they did theirs.which is swap out the 200cc motor for a yz250f dirtbike motor.but the only responses i`m seeing is a bunch of childish remarks saying its not worth the hassle.why is this?just because you might not be able to do it does not mean this guy can`t.i myself know i can do my motor swap because i am a fabricator by trade.

anyways here is what you are looking at.
your gonna have to make new motor mounts for what you are putting in.making sure the sprockets line up good.
4 strokes are taller than 2 strokes because of all the extra parts above the head.so you might have to get a new gas tank and heat the bottom to make clearance for the motor.the tank plastic is fairly thick so if you don`t overheat the tank you won`t blow a hole in it.DO NOT TRY THIS ON A USED GAS TANK!
if it is a dirtbike motor you use you will have to make a different shifter for it.or alter the the oem to work.
depending on what motor you use you may have to have a custom exhaust made.
if it is water cooled as most are you need to get a radiator and mount it.
you`ll need the wiring harness and accessories from the donor.
depending on the new location of the shifter new foot peg locations may be needed.if you fab the shifter you can work around this one.
airboxs can be made fairly easy to conform to the new powerplant design.
as long as you don`t go retarded on what type of motor you put in it you shouldn`t have to stretch the frame.i could see having to do this if you were wanting to put a big cc motor in it like the 450`s 500`s or higher...but unless your running sand drags i don`t recommend go that big for recreational riding you wouldn`t be making the blaster better....just the 450 worse.i`m doing my swap for the reason of having a 4 stroke powerplant.not for power purposes.
in my opinion the easiest motor to swap into a blaster that is a 4 stroke would be a 300ex.it is air cooled and relatively small so frame mods would be less challenging.

i hoped this helped.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldskool75
don`t listen to anybody that says it is not worth it.if this is what you want to do than go for it.being "unique" is cool in its own right.just because someone does not want to take the effort of doing what your wanting doesn`t mean it can`t be done.this is my first post on this forum....i actually came here to find out if anyone had done what i`m starting to do on my blaster to find problem areas when they did theirs.which is swap out the 200cc motor for a yz250f dirtbike motor.but the only responses i`m seeing is a bunch of childish remarks saying its not worth the hassle.why is this?just because you might not be able to do it does not mean this guy can`t.i myself know i can do my motor swap because i am a fabricator by trade.

anyways here is what you are looking at.
your gonna have to make new motor mounts for what you are putting in.making sure the sprockets line up good.
4 strokes are taller than 2 strokes because of all the extra parts above the head.so you might have to get a new gas tank and heat the bottom to make clearance for the motor.the tank plastic is fairly thick so if you don`t overheat the tank you won`t blow a hole in it.DO NOT TRY THIS ON A USED GAS TANK!
if it is a dirtbike motor you use you will have to make a different shifter for it.or alter the the oem to work.
depending on what motor you use you may have to have a custom exhaust made.
if it is water cooled as most are you need to get a radiator and mount it.
you`ll need the wiring harness and accessories from the donor.
depending on the new location of the shifter new foot peg locations may be needed.if you fab the shifter you can work around this one.
airboxs can be made fairly easy to conform to the new powerplant design.
as long as you don`t go retarded on what type of motor you put in it you shouldn`t have to stretch the frame.i could see having to do this if you were wanting to put a big cc motor in it like the 450`s 500`s or higher...but unless your running sand drags i don`t recommend go that big for recreational riding you wouldn`t be making the blaster better....just the 450 worse.i`m doing my swap for the reason of having a 4 stroke powerplant.not for power purposes.
in my opinion the easiest motor to swap into a blaster that is a 4 stroke would be a 300ex.it is air cooled and relatively small so frame mods would be less challenging.

i hoped this helped.

No offense man but this thread is 3 years old, he prolly doesnt ride anymore.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

i know how old it is...i`m just posting my 2 cents on this subject.ty for trying to let me know about it though.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

i wouldnt waist my time. theres a reason u dont see people doin that..... cause its not worth it. buy a bigger bike.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

thats why your not doing it.its not worth it for to do.it is for me and thats why i`m doing it.i don`t want a bigger bike.i want a blaster with a yz250f motor.unlike alot of people.....i don`t have to have the biggest cc`d quad out there to make me feel competitive or equal to my peers.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Originally posted by: Bing
Originally posted by: Speedy2222
srry but youyr a DU MB@$$ ios u do it and TURN YOUR F(_)CKING CAPS OFF!!!!!! GOD!!!
somebody is cranky
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Isnt he always? lol...... HOLY this is a old post....let it die.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

why do you care if it keeps going?i don`t see anyone holding a gun to your head saying you have to look at it.go back to reading threads about the "macho" quads and be happy.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Macho quads huh...well Thanks lol. I was saying let it die because its 3 years old and he has 39 posts since he joined so he prob even doesnt look at the site anymore. Put the 500 phazer engine in it somehow, get a plus 6 swingarm, widen it 4 inches, get some long travel shocks, and it would be killer.....if he still has the blaster. A 300ex motor would be pointless for any power gains unless he just wants the chug of a 4 stroke for trails. Whats the 250 fourstroke putting down for numbers now? 30's? There im joining in on the conversation and im HAPPY now.... are YOU?!!!

Quick Reply: ***BLASTER MOTOR SWAP***