Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Razrs vs. Holeshots, whats your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Razrs vs. Holeshots, whats your opinion?

i like both.. but from xperience i think the holeshots hook up better... i think ima get Holeshot Xcr's for my next tire hopefully [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Case closed..the holeshots have it....they hook way better than Razors...thats why 9 out of ten doctors reccomend holeshots.Some side effects may include serious boul movements and slight whiplash and a constant erection....ask your doctor before using itp holeshots.

Old 05-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

I've had both and currently have Razrs and like them much better. They hook up nice for me!

Old 05-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer

my holeshots hook up good on the road, but thats about it, in the grass tryin 2 ride a wheelie....might as well count that out because all they wanna do is spin and dig up some sh-.....

Old 05-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Range Rover

I have holeshot MX's on my raptor, they bite so good, i got sick of the raptor.... front end came up worse than ever. holeshots are very good, but i hear that the kenda claws are really rankin up there with holeshots... thats what most of the pros got on their bikes. my friend has klaws on his 250r, and they are preaty nice tire, 4 ply virses holeshot mx's 2 ply.. i have had the MX's since december, and already there is not much tread left... and i have only got it out in march.... so if i were you i would get the holeshots... or go out and see about klaws.

Old 05-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Range Rover

do either of these tires work good in the snow

Old 05-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Range Rover

I have the Holeshot XCR's and they do fine in the snow. I mostly run Fast Trekker rears flipped backwards with 450 Holidae 1/2" studs in each tire. I have tried the Predator style Razr's and they are nice, but I'd take my Holeshots anyday, the hookup is insane, even on grass, I can't keep the front end down, even sitting on the gas tank and I'm a light guy! In a drag against Preds Moded, I hook up way better, but have too much traction on hard coldmix style pavement drags or on anything more than gravel roads. Either way I still gotta sit right up on the gas tank and slip the clutch bad, that's how mean the Holeshot XCR's hook up. I run the MX's up front, they are wearing bout the same due to the fact the fronts should wear slower but they are softer due to the MX tire. I found my XCR"s wore real quick the first ride then slowed down big time, I rotate them all the time to get even wear and good bite. It all depends on your riding environment. In the snow, some of the best tires I've seen round here are stock radials with bout 250 studs a tire. Stock Raptor and 400EX treads....

Old 05-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

I hate razrs
Holeshot MXR is by far my favorite off road tire.......

Old 05-29-2004, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

i wouldn't mind trying out a pair of the new razrs. Anyone know how much they cost?

Old 05-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

I had razers, and I thought they were pretty good, A huge improvment over stock but I also think that the holeshots hook up better, BUT they wear ALOT faster, and are way over prived

I have been reading in the past few mags that the Kenda Klaws are a REALLY REALLY good all around tire, For like pit riding and trail... just my .02

Quick Reply: Razrs vs. Holeshots, whats your opinion?