Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Scotts Performance oil filter for Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scotts Performance oil filter for Raptor

Is there anywhere else to buy a Scotts Performance oil filter for my Raptor other than directly from their web site? Just looking for the best price possible for one. Their price is $119.00 plus shipping. Thanks!

Old 05-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

That is where I got mine. I will be getting another, so if you find it cheaper let me know. It will still pay for it's self and easy to clean also.

Old 05-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

They are located about 5 miles away from me, I'm gonna check out their shop and see if I could get a better deal on one too!

Old 05-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/...egory_Code=new

its like 107 there
on scotts website it is 120.
so what kind of oil do you guys run on your raptorS??? where do you get it. do you change it every ride?? ALso i have question does anyone know how to bypass the rev limiter mine keeps kickin in and what not and it is driving me nuts ill be goign along and it will bog down. also anyone know why the oil holder on my raptor would be leaking.. i tightened the bolts on the bottom with a hex wrench and it was tight and it looks as if its coming from there any suggestions.. is there a gasket there that would need to be replaced.

Old 05-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

20/50 castrol oil. I change it about every trip depends on much I ride. Do a search for the rev limiter bypass and make sure your parking brake is adjusted right. Make sure the bolt and washers are clean. Be careful not to over tighten.

Old 05-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

do u just buy 20/50 normal oil i get worried when i dont buy yamah lube do i have to get the atv 4 stroke oil or can i get the 20/50 and what not/? i searched and raptortranny.com has a rev limiter guide?
http://raptortranny.com/revlimiter2.php

ive heard its easier than that such as a simple dissconnect of a wire behind radiator or is it easier this way?? i dont know but i do know thats my prob with my raptor and it ahs been driving me crazy forever.,. if i were to just get a clutch perch that doesnt have the p brake on it and all thos gismos would that work better.. its only 15 bucks any help would be appreciated

Old 05-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

That is what the guy that built my motor said to use 20/50 castrol oil so I use it. I removed my parking brake because I extended my swing arm. You will still have to do to reverse rev bypass. There are different ways to do it you need to pick the one you like.

Old 05-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

I use Valvoline 20w/50 race oil it's only $2.29 a quart, and for a filter I use a Bosch 3300 it cost around $4.50 at Autozone. So at these prices I change my oil and filter alot so I always have clean lube in my machine for cheap, it never has time to breakdown the oil so not worried about expensive yamalube or 15.00 oil filter. or god forbid 100.00 for an oil filter, that is nuts unless it's for looks and you have money to spend JMO.

Old 05-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

The scott's is reusable and mine has already paid for it's self. Now think about you buying a new filter every time you change your oil I don't have that cost. So to me it sounds like someone else is spending to much.

Old 05-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

I change my filter 2 times a month, so that equals about a year of oil changes, so I spend 100 a year and always have a brand new filter, not just cleaned as best as i can but brand new every time, there is no performance gain like a K&N so no use in getting a re useable filter that i have to clean, not worth the cost for the hassle. I wouldnt use the same filter for a year weather I can clean it or not, I replace my K&N every year or year and a half, no matter how clean I get it they brakedown and get old and I think it's worth it to replace stuff no matter what, it does not cost that much, I spen $4.25 a gallon for gas so why not spend a little on maintance, it's worth it in the long run.

Quick Reply: Scotts Performance oil filter for Raptor