Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

hehe haha hoho

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 11:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hehe haha hoho

A stock 400ex will barely run 70mph completely stock. Usually they wind out around 67-69, but sometimes they bumper 70.

Old 05-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default hehe haha hoho

#1 - "u dont gain speed by parts they just determine how fast u get there"

Unless you can hit redline in top gear this statement is completely false. Most stock quads and many modified ones can not pull redline in top gear. "Parts" will give you more power and allow you to push higher RPMs in top gear, therefore giving you more top speed.

#2 - "actually even with the same gearing if u put a new pipe or similer mod on a quad you will gain both acceleration AND top speed"

This statement is true, UNLESS you can already hit redline in top gear, in which case you will only improve acceleration (see #1)

#3 - from what I have read on the forums lately, wanaply21 sounds like a kid out for a good time, not a quad enthusiast out for information or to share information with others. Whether he is a kid or not, I don't know, but he acts like one. Please save the internet world from the loads of gibberish and rubbish that clog the electronic pipeline everyday. Unless you have something productive to share, or have a real question or want to share your latest riding story - go play some more ATV OFF ROAD FURY 2 on your Playstation.

I am not knocking you, not trying to put you down, just trying to help yoo, You would get alot more respect and help on here if you used some PUNCTUATION, propper GRAMMAR, and did not come off as some know-it-all that doesn't know squat. For instance, your post could have looked like this:

"Can someone please help set my friend straight? He believes that a stock 400ex goes 90 mph!! I told him that it will not. Can someone back me up and let him know that I am right? Thanks!

And by the way, doesn't your top speed come from sprocket gearing? You don't gain top speed by adding power, right? It just determines how fast u get there (acceleration)."

That would have made it easier for us to help teach you and your friends a little bit about quads, gearing, power, etc. without people thinking you're a little punk or a little kid. Sorry for venting on you, but it had to be done.

RR1

Old 05-08-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hehe haha hoho

hey speedy 12/42 would be geared way too low...for MY liking anyway. That would be overkill on first gear..especially if you run 20"inch rear tires. your first gear would rev out less than reverse...I would go with 12/39 or 12/38
I believe it is 1 tooth down in the front=3 took up in the rear?

My 12 tooth is nice for trails, but I also like to open her up on the huge burms, hills, and straights. And if I had 12/42 gearing, It wouldn't go nearly as fast.

Later,
Warrior68Man

BTW, The kid with the 400ex is a dumbphuck who doesn't know anything about his quad...it will only feel like 90..unless he has 50 different radar guns and a trail tech, I will never, ever believe him.

Old 05-08-2004, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default hehe haha hoho

Originally posted by: RaptorRacer1
#1 - "u dont gain speed by parts they just determine how fast u get there"

Unless you can hit redline in top gear this statement is completely false. Most stock quads and many modified ones can not pull redline in top gear. "Parts" will give you more power and allow you to push higher RPMs in top gear, therefore giving you more top speed.

#2 - "actually even with the same gearing if u put a new pipe or similer mod on a quad you will gain both acceleration AND top speed"

This statement is true, UNLESS you can already hit redline in top gear, in which case you will only improve acceleration (see #1)

#3 - from what I have read on the forums lately, wanaply21 sounds like a kid out for a good time, not a quad enthusiast out for information or to share information with others. Whether he is a kid or not, I don't know, but he acts like one. Please save the internet world from the loads of gibberish and rubbish that clog the electronic pipeline everyday. Unless you have something productive to share, or have a real question or want to share your latest riding story - go play some more ATV OFF ROAD FURY 2 on your Playstation.

I am not knocking you, not trying to put you down, just trying to help yoo, You would get alot more respect and help on here if you used some PUNCTUATION, propper GRAMMAR, and did not come off as some know-it-all that doesn't know squat. For instance, your post could have looked like this:

"Can someone please help set my friend straight? He believes that a stock 400ex goes 90 mph!! I told him that it will not. Can someone back me up and let him know that I am right? Thanks!

And by the way, doesn't your top speed come from sprocket gearing? You don't gain top speed by adding power, right? It just determines how fast u get there (acceleration)."

That would have made it easier for us to help teach you and your friends a little bit about quads, gearing, power, etc. without people thinking you're a little punk or a little kid. Sorry for venting on you, but it had to be done.

RR1
I was wondering when someone else besides me was going to set wanaply straight. Way to take the initiative RaptorRacer1.

Old 05-08-2004, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default hehe haha hoho

i apreciate you trying to help me earn respect and wht not, but i dont apreciate you calling me one of those know it all people's, im not mad or anything, i kno that im not a know it all.... i pretty much go by what i have learned on these forums and after being on here for quite a bit now and some other forums that i am alot more informed than i used to be (i did think i was a know it all), thats all changed and i respect you for telling me this and not coppin a tude with me.......im sorry, ill try to do better master lol (but maybe better isnt good enough for you lol j/k)

Old 05-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default hehe haha hoho

Wanaply21 - cool response, glad you didn't take it the wrong way. Alot of guys on here would have ripped me a new a-hole and started a name calling contest. It shows alot of maturity and restraint to say what you did. We are all here to learn. I have been on here almost daily for a year and a half reading as many posts as I can to absorb the knowledge. I want to know everything, but I know that is not possible. If you evern have any questions, feel free to help. Please also share your experiences and knowledge with the rest of us, as this forum would not survive without the sharing of knowledge of all its members. Thanks,

RR1

Old 05-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default hehe haha hoho

1 tooth on front = 2.5 on back

Old 05-09-2004, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default hehe haha hoho

Originally posted by: RaptorRacer1
Wanaply21 - cool response, glad you didn't take it the wrong way. Alot of guys on here would have ripped me a new a-hole and started a name calling contest. It shows alot of maturity and restraint to say what you did. We are all here to learn. I have been on here almost daily for a year and a half reading as many posts as I can to absorb the knowledge. I want to know everything, but I know that is not possible. If you evern have any questions, feel free to help. Please also share your experiences and knowledge with the rest of us, as this forum would not survive without the sharing of knowledge of all its members. Thanks,

RR1
i didnt take it the wrong way cuz by what you are saying you are trying to help me earn respect and that takes some ***** to say something like that 2 someone and i respect you for that, if i have any questions ill come to you befor i blurt them out