Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

perfected wheelies!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default perfected wheelies!

ive been practicing my wheelies now almost every day and ive perfected it to do a wheelie a couple hundred feet, this is how i do it....start off in 2nd hold the clutch gas it until the front end comes up almost all the way and keep it there til im maxed out, then shift into 3rd as long as possible....is that what u guys do!?

Old 05-09-2004, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Go all out and start the wheelie in 3rd and go through 6th. The worst that can happen is you go over backwards because you forgot to bleed your brakes after installing new pads. It can get worse though, like when your stock grab bar breaks and you lose all the skin on you back, legs, a$$, and even your feet because you weren't wearing you boots because you were just going to ride for a second. Believe me it's no fun. It happend to me about a year ago. I still ride like that though I just check the brakes first. Keep practicing though and you will have it down pat in no time. It is really rewarding though, when I first moved back to my home town (long story) I rode a 6th gear wheelie I don't even know how far and the guys I was riding with said "I didn't know you could really do that, I always thought that it was trick photography on TV" I'm not joking either. Just remeber if you crash and burn not to make your girlfriend mad or she won't blow on you a$$ when she pours on the peroxide. Oh yeah, Vasaline works really well on scabs, it keeps them good and flexible so you can still work.

Old 05-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

going through the gears liek that is caleld a catwalk( on a quad) do not get that mixed up with a catwalk on a dirtbike( running next to the bike in midair)