Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs. Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004 | 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor vs. Banshee

it's all about setup, suspension, seat time, and money that determines who wins not the bike.

Old 05-14-2004 | 07:05 PM
Sin
Weekend Warrior

I agree...no way a raptor is ever going to "keep up" with a shee. Even in the woods...I ride mine in the woods all the time...its just like the dunes...just cinders instead of sand. Also a word of advice to the guy with the shee with the cpi's....if the bike is stock you'll get more hp out of it with toomeys. But a built bike on the other hand will definatley benifit more from the cpi's. Just my .02

Old 05-14-2004 | 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

This is true but cpi's are Tight.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I'd just keep them if you plan on modding or get T5's. T6's arent worth it.

Old 05-14-2004 | 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

i think this whole thing about banshee's being bad in the woods should be on myth busters on discovery. anyone else watch that show? its pretty sweet.

Old 05-14-2004 | 10:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I watch it !

Old 05-15-2004 | 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

I'd love to bust that myth, because they are real fast in the woods, almost too fast, but do tire the hell out of you, so I guess it just like the myth of the Corvette not being as good as a Cadillac for long distance travel due to the comfort level of the plush suspension of the Caddy compared to the stiff handling of the Vette, I'm too young (32) for that so I'd still go for the tiring uncomfortable fast Corvette[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] JMO

Old 05-15-2004 | 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

I had the chance to ride a couple of stock Raptors in the woods since a few friends of mine owns them and i really cant see how people can say they are better woods machine than a Banshee...I find them too tall wich makes them tippy and the front end is too light for my taste but thats just me, they are more comfortable than my Shee ill admit that though.Personnally unless you ride really really tight trails or giant mudholes i think the Shee is a kick @ss woods machine but to each his own...

Old 05-15-2004 | 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

^^^^that 2 inches makes a huge differnce huh? no you can adjust the rear shock and it will sit lower then a yfz with the mods done to my raptor i can keep up with my friends bashee depending on the start if we both start good i will win he has a 04 shee with t5's and k/n no air box v force reads and running a 280 main in each carb when we race we usually do it on sand moutain in utah but we have raced flat and if we both have a good start then i will win we both have stock gearing also.

Old 05-15-2004 | 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

^^^^that 2 inches makes a huge differnce huh?
Im sorry but it sure does and the fact that the center of gravity is higher on the Raptor makes it even worst...A Banshee is way more stable going through high speed corners and thats a fact.

Oh and i sure hope you beat your friends piped Shee with all the mods you have done to your Raptor...

Old 05-15-2004 | 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

THe point of my statement was that i have just as much money into mine as he does into his [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ..have u ever rode a raptor/?? ive never tipped once on mine and guess what you dont hit corners at 80 miles an hour on any 4 wheeler ill admit that the banshee is faster then most bikes on the dunes but it doesnt have the torque needed around here for mountain riding.

Quick Reply: Raptor vs. Banshee