Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RAPTOR STARTER HELP, ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAPTOR STARTER HELP, ASAP

Update -

I took it into the shop that did the work and the mechanic dropped what he was working on and helped me out. After taking the case cover and starter clutch off we found the problem. The cam chain was not on the lower cam sprocket. Somehow when they put it back together the first time the cam chain did not get seated on the lower sprocket properly. So we took the valve cover off and readjusted the cam timing, put it all back together and it fired up on the first push of the button. Now I have to work on jetting and get it broken in.

The one way starter clutch was in good shape, but the smooth part of the one way gear was showing some wear, so it looks like I will be going with the L&A pretty soon.

For all you Michigan people, this was at C&S Sports Center in MtPleasant. I was really impressed with the way they handled the problem. I think many places would have tried to blame it on me or say "we'll take a look at it when we can get to it". Thanks to Joe for helping me out today and taking care of the problem.

RR1

Old 05-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

AWSOME!

Glad to hear you are up and running! Now the for the fun part... THE RACE!!

Good luck!
Mike

Old 05-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Major props to that mechanic! Its way too common for mechanics to have the "screw you I'll get to it when I feel like it" approach. I would bring all my work there, and let all my friends know(like you just did [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) what good customer service you got. A good customer service relation means more to me most times than price(as long as its reasonable of course). Glad you got er done. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]